Author Topic: Obama Greets Putin with 'Historic Death Stare' at G-20 Summit  (Read 6740 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Greets Putin with 'Historic Death Stare' at G-20 Summit
« on: September 05, 2013, 05:56:09 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/09/05/Obama-Greets-Putin-With-Historic-Death-Stare-At-G-20-Summit

Obama Greets Putin with 'Historic Death Stare' at G-20 Summit

by Debra Heine 5 Sep 2013, 8:27 AM PDT

The intense moment was posted on Twitter by CNBC's Eamon Javers and described by Brett Logiurato of Business Insider as the president giving  Putin "a significantly intense death stare upon their meeting at the G20 summit in St. Petersburg, Russia."

Eamon Javers        ✔ @EamonJavers

The handshake everyone was waiting for. Putin greets Obama in St. Petersburg, Russia. pic.twitter.com/rnHrT7UUew
8:08 AM - 5 Sep 2013

National Journal's Matt Vasilogambros was less dramatic in his description of the 15 second meeting between the two leaders, calling it "awkward and friendly", and surmising that as  Obama walked away, Putin thought to himself, "Reset, my ass."

A good shot of Putin's expression is here.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10288193/Syria-crisis-G20-summit-live.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama Greets Putin with 'Historic Death Stare' at G-20 Summit
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:14 pm »
Putin's just laughing. "What a f****t."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:31 pm »

This is complete bullshit.   Watch the video.  No death stares.

Anybody can look at a video stream and select specific frames to present an unflattering image....or a phoney contextual one.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 06:13:40 pm »
Here you go:

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 06:46:07 pm »

DC Patriot, I do believe you are taking this headline a mite too seriously.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 06:55:53 pm »
I hate it when a gentleman's tie is seen poking down below the belt line...and his pants are wrinkled!

What? We couldn't elect someone with a better fashion sense?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 06:57:18 pm »

DC Patriot, I do believe you are taking this headline a mite too seriously.

Not at all.  I actually laugh at it.

This is from CNBC.....enough said.

The problem is that it's a blatant attempt to form an opinion....on false pretenses.   I get enough of that already.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 07:15:10 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 07:11:00 pm »
Pseudo Sith Lord  :Odance:strikes [out] again.  :truce:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online DCPatriot

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 07:56:50 pm »
I hate it when a gentleman's tie is seen poking down below the belt line...and his pants are wrinkled!

The whole suit looks like he slept in it

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 08:09:01 pm »
Here's how NBC played it for their Beloved.

President Barack Obama was intent on getting the upper hand as he greeted Russia's Vladimir Putin at the G-20 summit on Thursday, according to body language experts who watched the frosty exchange.

From a jacket-buttoning pause to a hard-pumping handshake, Obama displayed tell-tale signs of dominance after he alit from a limo in front of St. Petersburg's Konstantin Palace, where Putin waited to meet him, communication experts said...

There's no real warmth," said Erik Bucy, a professor at Texas Tech University who researches non-verbal communication.

"It looks like Putin's basically a hotel greeter at a five-star establishment and Obama is coming out of the limo as the important invited guest he's not particularly thrilled to see."

President Barack Obama shakes hands with Russian President Vladimir Putin during arrivals for the G-20 summit at the Konstantin Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia on Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013.

Patti Wood, author of "Success Signals: Body Language in Business," made a similar analogy.

"It was very odd. Obama is treating him like he was greeting a doorman," she said.

She noted the significance Obama buttoning his suit jacket after exiting the limo.

"That’s another way men show power," she said. "It says, 'I know the attention is on me' and it’s a little bit rude to do that. It's grabbing the power for yourself."

Tonya Reiman, who has written three books on body language, said Obama extended his hand at least two seconds before Putin did.

"This is a show of power," she said. "In addition, he leans in toward Putin with his upper body, placing himself slightly into Putin's personal zone. Notice Putin pulls back ever so slightly, which indicates that Obama has the upper hand."

Obama showed his dominance. Can you imagine how intimidated Putin must have felt?.  :silly:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/05/20342654-the-big-chill-a-dominant-obama-meets-a-cool-putin-at-g20#comments

Just a note: this is the same article DC Patriot cited above though he chose not to quote these amusing passages.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:11:51 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 08:12:11 pm »
Cincy!    :beer:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »
The whole suit looks like he slept in it

He probably did...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 10:59:31 pm »
Here's how NBC played it for their Beloved.

Obama showed his dominance. Can you imagine how intimidated Putin must have felt?.  :silly:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/05/20342654-the-big-chill-a-dominant-obama-meets-a-cool-putin-at-g20#comments

Just a note: this is the same article DC Patriot cited above though he chose not to quote these amusing passages.

This so called 'power of show' reminds me of algore's 'power of show' in the debate with George Bush when he walked up on him. That was a laugher also
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:00:01 pm by xfreeper »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 11:29:57 pm »
It would take about 15 seconds for Putin to wring his scrawny, sissy neck.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 11:51:06 pm »
Vlad could snap Barry like a twig if he wanted.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 12:22:58 am »
Vlad could snap Barry like a twig if he wanted.

Must admit...for a moment I fantasized that Putin suddenly squeezed down on his hand real hard....and as Obama's knees bent...he headbutted him and broke his nose.

....all the time wondering how long it would take for his protective detail to intervene.    :laugh:

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 12:23:41 am by DCPatriot »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2013, 01:08:14 am »

Now that would be kinda fun to watch, wouldn't it?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2013, 01:09:49 am »

Couldn't we have elected someone with better sense, period?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 01:12:26 am »

:silly:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 01:27:49 am »
This is the guy whose pants crease made such an impression on David Brooks...that on that alone guaranteed he was going to be POTUS.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 02:11:24 am »
Couldn't we have elected someone with better sense, period?

Somehow I don't think we would have fared any better with crazy McCain.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2013, 02:22:12 am »

Oh, my........of COURSE we would have been better off with McCain, on a hundred different levels.

None of his faults compare with the treason and hatred of all things moral and true that make up the nature of the pro-Muslim, America-hating narcissist punk, Obama.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2013, 02:25:16 am »
Oh, my........of COURSE we would have been better off with McCain, on a hundred different levels.

None of his faults compare with the treason and hatred of all things moral and true that make up the nature of the pro-Muslim, America-hating narcissist punk, Obama.

Do you make sauce?   

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2013, 02:25:54 am »

I don't what to think anymore. Obama is a disaster, but crazy McCain might be blowing up the world by now. We have GOT to get a third party. The two we have are both equally bad.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.