Author Topic: CNN to Start Rebooted 'Crossfire' Week Early for Syria Coverage  (Read 643 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CNN to Start Rebooted 'Crossfire' Week Early for Syria Coverage
« on: September 02, 2013, 01:29:01 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=523325

Newsmax
CNN to Start Rebooted 'Crossfire' Week Early for Syria Coverage
Sunday, September 1, 2013 01:40 PM

By: Greg Richter

CNN plans to start its new version of "Crossfire" a week earlier than planned to get in on the news happening in Syria.

The announcement was made in a tweet from the official "Crossfire" account Sunday morning. The rebooted version of the cable channel's classic political discussion show now will debut Sept. 9 at 6:30 p.m. Eastern. It had been slated to begin Sept. 16.

Sept. 9 is the day Congress returns from its August recess, and both the House and Senate are expected take up debate immediately on whether to authorize the use of military force against Syria for using chemical weapons against civilians.

Crossfire first ran on CNN from 1982 to 2005 with a liberal and conservative host debating issues. The new version will be a half-hour discussion with four hosts, conservatives Newt Gingrich and S.E. Cupp and liberals Stephanie Cutter and Van Jones.

President Barack Obama said Saturday he has given his authorization to use force, but wants Congress to grant its approval. Obama said he believes he has the power to take limited military action, but some members of Congress in both parties disagree, saying the War Powers Act requires him to get their OK.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: CNN to Start Rebooted 'Crossfire' Week Early for Syria Coverage
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:59:00 pm »
S.E. Cupp and Gingrich opposite these two commie-progressive liars.......... I don't think I'll bother watching. 

BTW Fox is dropping their weekly Newswatch for a new program with fired from CNN Howard Kurtz..... also won't be watching and I always watched Newswatch.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Dengar01

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 06:09:24 pm »
I heard that yesterday about News Watch.  I enjoyed the show and agree with you that I will not be watching the replacement. 

As far as Crossfire goes, I bet the program lasts a max of 6 months with the commentators they selected.  You couldn't pay me to watch Van Jones.  The guy is a monster who should be deported to Cuba.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 06:20:48 pm »
I heard that yesterday about News Watch.  I enjoyed the show and agree with you that I will not be watching the replacement. 

As far as Crossfire goes, I bet the program lasts a max of 6 months with the commentators they selected.  You couldn't pay me to watch Van Jones.  The guy is a monster who should be deported to Cuba.

His Color of Change org is behind all the people pushing sponsors to drop Rush and Levin from their radio spots.

Glad to see you back... your posts are always good reads here.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776