Author Topic: Does anyone here watch "Under The Dome"  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Olivia

Does anyone here watch "Under The Dome"
« on: August 31, 2013, 08:13:06 pm »
Hope I put this in the right place...

I've been watching "The Dome" all summer and find it fascinating and I don't think I've ever read Stephen King novels.

If I were there, I think I would probably smother just thinking about the Dome part and being covered like a plastic bowl. 
My sister reads Stephen King and she said the program was a little different than the book but basically the same.
Sheesh!  She won't tell me the ending..... :shrug: :laugh:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Does anyone here watch "Under The Dome"
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 08:15:12 pm »
It is one program I never got involved in, though the previews looked interesting.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Olivia

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 08:26:20 pm »
It is one program I never got involved in, though the previews looked interesting.

Best show of the summer, in my opinion of course.  :laugh:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline TheMom

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:12:04 am »
We have been watching the show.  There are a lot of differences between the book and the tv show ~ which is understandable, because some of the stuff in the book really can't be portrayed on regular tv. 

It is interesting enough to keep my watching, although they are losing me with the introduction of the "bad mean woman".
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:03:23 pm »
We have been watching the show.  There are a lot of differences between the book and the tv show ~ which is understandable, because some of the stuff in the book really can't be portrayed on regular tv. 

It is interesting enough to keep my watching, although they are losing me with the introduction of the "bad mean woman".

Well, you can keep watching cause' big Jim took her down last night.  She sure was a mean one.  My sister read the book and said the show has a lot of different things happen that's not in the book but Stephen King has approved it.    :laugh:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 04:24:13 pm »
What network?  Day and time?

Thanks....I will check it out.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Olivia

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 04:28:55 pm »
What network?  Day and time?

Thanks....I will check it out.

CBS.. Monday night at ten.  The best show all summer but only two more episodes this time.
I read on a forum that CBS didn't realize how popular the show would be so they plan to bring it back at different times...sigh....

Offline TheMom

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 04:31:59 pm »
Well, you can keep watching cause' big Jim took her down last night.  She sure was a mean one.  My sister read the book and said the show has a lot of different things happen that's not in the book but Stephen King has approved it.    :laugh:

LOL - yeah I thought about that after the show last night.

They are sticking to the basic premise of the book, but changed some of what the characters roles are.

Of course King approved it . . . he received a big fat check.   :silly:
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.