Author Topic: GOP Rep: Syria May Have Received Chemical Weapons from Iraq  (Read 1015 times)

Offline happyg

GOP Rep: Syria May Have Received Chemical Weapons from Iraq
« on: August 31, 2013, 03:08:59 pm »
While discussing action in possible U.S. action in Syria, Radio host Tom Becka and Rep. Lee Terry (R-NE) suggested the country's chemical weapons may have come from Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq.

“I have not had any classified briefing, but all we know is that Iraq had declared chemical and biological weapons, and then they weren’t there, It wasn’t something that the U.S. was guessing, that was something that they actually declared. But they went someplace.”

Video at link

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2013/08/30/GOP-Rep-Syria-Got-Chemical-Weapons-From-Iraq

Offline musiclady

Re: GOP Rep: Syria May Have Received Chemical Weapons from Iraq
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:36:42 pm »
They're not the only ones thinking that.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 11:17:48 pm »
They're not the only ones thinking that.......

I think that is probably the worst kept "secret" in history.

Also... did we ever learn what Bush authorized to be attacked and blown up in the Syrian Desert around the area we assumed those chem weapons were being stored right before he left office and what did Israel blow up there a while back???
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 03:44:18 am »
Those weapons were probably dispersed to a number of different countries - Saddam no doubt thinking that he'd still be around to recover them - and I'm sure that included Syria.