Author Topic: PETA: Eating Chicken Wings During Pregnancy Could Affect Baby’s Penis Size  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Olivia

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Eating chicken parts – or, more specifically, chicken wings – could shrink your baby’s man parts.

At least, that’s what PETA is alleging in advance of the National Buffalo Wing Festival.

According to a letter from PETA to Drew Cerza, the founder of the festival, “The latest scientific evidence shows that the sons of pregnant women who consume chicken are more likely to have smaller penises because of a chemical found in the birds’ flesh.”

“Findings published by the Study for Future Families showed that eating poultry during pregnancy may lead to smaller penis size in male infants,” the letter, from PETA’s Lindsay Rajt, alleges.
------
So, in a city where buffalo wings are a game day must and a wing-eating competition draws in thousands every year, we wanted to know: Just how true is PETA’s latest claim?

According to Women’s Health Magazine, the answer is not very.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/08/30/peta-eating-chicken-wings-during-pregnancy-could-affect-sons-penis-size/

If you're really interested, there's more at the link.    :silly: :silly:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
My Mama hates chicken - especially wings.

Just saying. :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's PETA for you in a nutshell.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

/snicker

Offline mountaineer

That's PETA for you in a nutshell.
They should be in the nuthouse.  ^-^
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Poser

Either this dispels the rumor that blacks like chicken or it is self-evidently false.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Either this dispels the rumor that blacks like chicken or it is self-evidently false.

:silly:

Ah, but watermelon seeds contain androgens, easily converted to testosterone. It evens out over the course of the meal.  :laugh:

Offline Olivia

:silly:

Ah, but watermelon seeds contain androgens, easily converted to testosterone. It evens out over the course of the meal.  :laugh:

:silly: :silly:
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Oceander

:bigsilly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
NEWS FLASH!     .....it's the bleu cheese dip, not the wings!   

.....er, so I've been told!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline happyg

Do you reckon I should get the opinion of my three sons? They might throw their chicken wings at me!  :pondering:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Not going to ask how they'd throw the wings at you  :tongue2:

Offline happyg

I thought about this topic (for at least a minute), and could not make sense of the reasoning. Everyone eats chicken, except for vegans, so are vegans comparing themselves to everyone else? And, how would they know? Most vegans are female, so I assume these women conducted their research physically for their report to be accurate. So, that leads me to believe that most vegans have venereal diseases, among other critters that invade their bodies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Here is the funny part. It isn't the chicken wings but the celery you eat with it. Celery contains large amounts of estrogen.
http://www.foodtrients.com/news/could-you-be-eating-too-much-estrogen/

It is the veg you eat with the wings that is the culprit.

Offline happyg

Here is the funny part. It isn't the chicken wings but the celery you eat with it. Celery contains large amounts of estrogen.
http://www.foodtrients.com/news/could-you-be-eating-too-much-estrogen/

It is the veg you eat with the wings that is the culprit.

Then my boys are ok?   :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Someone one here - yesterday or the day before? - commented on one of the MLK threads that every worthwhile thing eventually gets jacked by extremists.

PETA - in it's original form - had a platform that I think no one here would disagree with. Treat animals fairly, raise them right and with no stress, slaughter them cleanly, don't waste (Thinking of the fur trade here, but it applies equally to slaughterhouses). Nothing at all wrong with that message.

Then the anti meat brigade got involved and slowly took over. Fortunately, the most passionate ones - the vegans - can be knocked down with a hard look.

Offline happyg

Someone one here - yesterday or the day before? - commented on one of the MLK threads that every worthwhile thing eventually gets jacked by extremists.

PETA - in it's original form - had a platform that I think no one here would disagree with. Treat animals fairly, raise them right and with no stress, slaughter them cleanly, don't waste (Thinking of the fur trade here, but it applies equally to slaughterhouses). Nothing at all wrong with that message.

Then the anti meat brigade got involved and slowly took over. Fortunately, the most passionate ones - the vegans - can be knocked down with a hard look.

It's that old slippery slope that the do-gooders don't think about. It's happened over and over, particularly with Roe vs Wade, among other liberal issues.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: PETA: Eating Chicken Wings During Pregnancy Could Affect Baby’s Penis Size
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 02:28:41 am »

Perhaps... I really don't think they believe anything they say at all anymore. As it's been reported, if animals are left in PETA's care, most of the time they end up dead-- totally contrary to their stated mission. I understand PETA isn't a rescue shelter or anything like that, but at least they could build a network with those organizations that are so that they could stick to their mission without the blatant hypocrisy.

These days, it seems all PETA wants to do is sexualize everything, as if perverts have taken over the organization.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 07:44:57 am »
You'd think that would be the first thing they'd have done. There are a lot of no kill shelters out there, for everything from snakes to cows and PETA could be an invaluable resource.

As for the sexualization - I think it is an appeal for attention in an increasingly sexualized society. Some of the ads are well done.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 01:40:07 pm »
If what PETA claims is true, Mom must have fried up a lot of Roc for me when I was a kid...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 01:45:56 pm »
Perhaps pregnant women should dine on turkey drumsticks instead.

Or perhaps, hot Buffalo wings might mitigate the effect.

I love animals. Some are cute and lovely. Others are dumb, but tasty.

Regardless, the people at PETA are clearly a breast short of a chicken sandwich.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn