Author Topic: Fast Food Strikes Ignore Technology  (Read 1791 times)

Offline happyg

Fast Food Strikes Ignore Technology
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:54:43 AM »

Offline happyg

Re: Fast Food Strikes Ignore Technology
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:56:43 AM »
The strikers are in for a rude awakening. They might get their raises, but lose their jobs to technology. In some places, a person in India takes your orders.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 12:13:48 PM »
I find it interesting that the one McDonald's they have so far succeeded in shutting down is in Detroit.  That pretty much says it all.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:31:10 PM »
They also are too damned dumb to know the unions will take the pay increase and they are right back where they started; bottom line these are supposed to be jobs filled by high school kids, not people trying to support a family!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 07:32:36 PM »
Another thing.. almost forgot... they said on Fox this morning the "strikers" are rent-a-strikers, the workers all showed up for WORK today.

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 07:33:52 PM »
Another thing.. almost forgot... they said on Fox this morning the "strikers" are rent-a-strikers, the workers all showed up for WORK today.

There's no one striking around here. I saw some of those pictures, and I wouldn't hire most of them.

I had a friend, who had no hs degree, get promotions at MD, and ended up being the manager. She made big bucks when she quit due to cancer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 07:35:10 PM by happyg »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »
Wow... wish you all got Glenn Beck TV (The Blaze) a black fast food resturant owner is filling in for Beck tonight and he is amazing!!!!  discussing small business and the effect of big business on small business and this union push to raise min wage and it's impact on small business... he said one thing many don't understand and he and other owners deal with daily - you hire people and they show up when they feel like it - if they have something better to do than work, they just don't show up, if you fire them you have to pay for that, too (unemployment insurance)...... he is talking about how these so called "Jim Crow" laws actually hurt blacks..........  l this man is great!  Fox needs him instead of Juan Williams!

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 09:31:04 PM »

Online kevindavis

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 09:27:09 PM »
They also are too damned dumb to know the unions will take the pay increase and they are right back where they started; bottom line these are supposed to be jobs filled by high school kids, not people trying to support a family!

It is not about the workers, it is about the unions heads getting their fat paychecks
“If he will lie to or mislead his wife and daughter, those with whom he is most intimate, what will prevent him from doing the same to the American public? Private conduct does have public consequences.”
Franklin Graham

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2013, 09:47:01 PM »
The technology is available and all it needs is to be adopted here.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »
The technology is available and all it needs is to be adopted here.

We used to have that technology in the 30s, and even up until the 70s.  It was called the Automat.

It definitely needs to be reintroduced.  Fast food was one of the forces that destroyed the old automated cafeterias; it would be the perfect irony if the new automated cafeterias destroyed fast food.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:07:15 PM by Oceander »

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »
A bit of topic but not really. I was watching Mobsters on TV the other night. It is a weekly show telling the history of the mob. Anyhoo I didn't know that the mob was into unions.  Now in present time I see the lib/dem/mob is still into unions. I knew they were into it these days just didn't know it started way back in the 30's.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2013, 08:52:18 PM »
A bit of topic but not really. I was watching Mobsters on TV the other night. It is a weekly show telling the history of the mob. Anyhoo I didn't know that the mob was into unions.  Now in present time I see the lib/dem/mob is still into unions. I knew they were into it these days just didn't know it started way back in the 30's.

the teamsters were/are the poster-child for mobbed-up unions.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf