Author Topic:  (Read 605 times)

Offline happyg

« on: August 28, 2013, 09:29:35 PM »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 09:40:48 PM »
This is nothing more than orchestrated theatre for the sake of stroking Obama's wounded ego and trying to distract from the burgeoning scandals.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »
The "what ifs" of the attack:

Read at IJ Review
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:48:09 AM »
"They are looking at what is just enough to mean something, just enough to be more than symbolic," the Times quoted the source as saying.

:silly:    8888crybaby
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 12:23:05 AM »
It's coming, it's coming, it's ....  Snails come at a faster pace than this.

Does anyone not think that the Syrians are now very well-prepared to minimize any real damage to the extent possible?  I'm quite sure that they've left some sacrificial targets in place - they know it would make Obama all warm and toasty if he could go on television and show those smart-bomb targeting videos of a smart bomb taking out some air-to-air missile emplacement - a missile emplacement containing outdated, obsolete missiles that the Russians were just about to replace anyways.  In other words, by now the Syrians can give Obama all the visual goodies he wants for his little political theater without actually suffering substantial damage to the military assets they value the most.  And not only that, the Syrians will get a windfall out of the increased anger and hatred of the US any attack on Syria will cause amongst people in the Middle East and elsewhere.  Honestly, I really don't see the Syrians as taking much of a devastating hit from this.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 06:43:31 AM »
The Syrians have been moving assets, dispersing them into hardened shelters. It's a bit inconvenient to need to do that during a civil war, but it means there will be minimal loss of military strength when the attacks happen.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf