Author Topic: Obama hasn't decided on Syria response  (Read 1432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama hasn't decided on Syria response
« on: August 26, 2013, 08:57:13 pm »
http://www.politico.com/politico44/?hp=ar

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN |
8/26/13 3:55 PM EDT

President Obama hasn't yet decided how to respond to Syria's apparent use of chemical weapons against civilians, the White House said Monday, as the administration ratcheted up its rhetoric against Bashar al-Assad's regime.

"We are continuing to review potential responses, to consult with our allies and partners, and with Congress as we make that review," press secretary Jay Carney said.

But Obama "has not made that decision" about how to react.

Carney said to expect Obama to speak on Syria "as he evaluates the potential options and responses, and as he makes a decision about a potential response."

Carney's comments came soon after Secretary of State John Kerry said it's "undeniable" that chemical weapons have been used in Syria, and that the only question still waiting definitive confirmation is whether they were deployed by Assad's military.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Re: Obama hasn't decided on Syria response
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 11:27:39 am »
Being the POTUS can be tough if you can't vote "present" as he did as a senator on tough issues.  He's probably trying to figure out how to figuratively vote present and do something, anything.  Decisions are tough on wimps. :peeonobama:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:28:07 am by rangerrebew »

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 11:37:35 am »
Secretary of State John Kerry said it's "undeniable" that chemical weapons have been used in Syria, and that the only question still waiting definitive confirmation is whether our CIA is clever enough to convince the world they were deployed by Assad's military.

There.  Fixed it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:18:23 pm »
If Obama does this without a UN Security Council resolution, there is no way to predict how Russia and China will react. America will have declared itself to be an official 'rogue state', the same kind of rogue state America has attacked time after time.

This ani't Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Afganistan, Balkans, or some craphole African country. This is a modern State with a lot of powerful friends. This is whole different game than America is used to.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 06:37:50 pm »
Procrastinator in Chief. Instilling confidence since 2008.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 06:44:34 pm »
This may look like deft statesmanship to the Obama (mal)administration and the democrats/liberals, but to the rest of the world it looks like weakness - dithering and indecision in the face of a relatively simple question:  to attack or not attack.  And that perception of growing American weakness simply goads our enemies on to more and more aggressive steps.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »

I'm thinking. Now f- off.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 12:03:51 pm »
This may look like deft statesmanship to the Obama (mal)administration and the democrats/liberals, but to the rest of the world it looks like weakness - dithering and indecision in the face of a relatively simple question:  to attack or not attack.  And that perception of growing American weakness simply goads our enemies on to more and more aggressive steps.

Couple that with the downsizing of the military, the lack of will to act during Benghazi, and Obama's love for drones pretty much convinces people that we have a POTUS with an alligator mouth and  hummingbird cajones. :scared smiley:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:05:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 12:05:54 pm »

.... we have a POTUS with an alligator mouth and a hummingbird *sshole.

You misspelled Grand Canyon.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 12:07:04 pm »
Couple that with the downsizing of the military, the lack of will to act during Benghazi, and Obama's love for drones pretty much convinces people that we have a POTUS with an alligator mouth and  hummingbird cajones. :scared smiley:

All mouth and trousers. Old expression I got from my Nan  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 12:08:15 pm »
 :hands: 88finger point :laughingdog:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 12:13:10 pm »
All mouth and trousers. Old expression I got from my Nan  :laugh:

Ain't that the truth.

"I'll let you know what I'm going to do as soon as Valerie Jarrett tells me what to do."
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn