Author Topic: Obama hasn't decided on Syria response  (Read 779 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Obama hasn't decided on Syria response
« on: August 26, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »
http://www.politico.com/politico44/?hp=ar

By JENNIFER EPSTEIN |
8/26/13 3:55 PM EDT

President Obama hasn't yet decided how to respond to Syria's apparent use of chemical weapons against civilians, the White House said Monday, as the administration ratcheted up its rhetoric against Bashar al-Assad's regime.

"We are continuing to review potential responses, to consult with our allies and partners, and with Congress as we make that review," press secretary Jay Carney said.

But Obama "has not made that decision" about how to react.

Carney said to expect Obama to speak on Syria "as he evaluates the potential options and responses, and as he makes a decision about a potential response."

Carney's comments came soon after Secretary of State John Kerry said it's "undeniable" that chemical weapons have been used in Syria, and that the only question still waiting definitive confirmation is whether they were deployed by Assad's military.

Support the USO

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
Re: Obama hasn't decided on Syria response
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 07:27:39 AM »
Being the POTUS can be tough if you can't vote "present" as he did as a senator on tough issues.  He's probably trying to figure out how to figuratively vote present and do something, anything.  Decisions are tough on wimps. :peeonobama:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 07:28:07 AM by rangerrebew »
Abraham Lincoln:

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
--January 27, 1838 Lyceum Address

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these
great and true principles.
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.
--July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 07:37:35 AM »
Secretary of State John Kerry said it's "undeniable" that chemical weapons have been used in Syria, and that the only question still waiting definitive confirmation is whether our CIA is clever enough to convince the world they were deployed by Assad's military.

There.  Fixed it.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »
If Obama does this without a UN Security Council resolution, there is no way to predict how Russia and China will react. America will have declared itself to be an official 'rogue state', the same kind of rogue state America has attacked time after time.

This ani't Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Afganistan, Balkans, or some craphole African country. This is a modern State with a lot of powerful friends. This is whole different game than America is used to.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »
Procrastinator in Chief. Instilling confidence since 2008.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • #ToldYouSo
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 02:44:34 PM »
This may look like deft statesmanship to the Obama (mal)administration and the democrats/liberals, but to the rest of the world it looks like weakness - dithering and indecision in the face of a relatively simple question:  to attack or not attack.  And that perception of growing American weakness simply goads our enemies on to more and more aggressive steps.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »

I'm thinking. Now f- off.
The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too.
--- Oscar Levant

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 08:03:51 AM »
This may look like deft statesmanship to the Obama (mal)administration and the democrats/liberals, but to the rest of the world it looks like weakness - dithering and indecision in the face of a relatively simple question:  to attack or not attack.  And that perception of growing American weakness simply goads our enemies on to more and more aggressive steps.

Couple that with the downsizing of the military, the lack of will to act during Benghazi, and Obama's love for drones pretty much convinces people that we have a POTUS with an alligator mouth and  hummingbird cajones. :scared smiley:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 08:05:31 AM by rangerrebew »
Abraham Lincoln:

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 08:05:54 AM »

.... we have a POTUS with an alligator mouth and a hummingbird *sshole.

You misspelled Grand Canyon.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"I am responsible for what I say.  I am not responsible for what you understand."  ...me

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 08:07:04 AM »
Couple that with the downsizing of the military, the lack of will to act during Benghazi, and Obama's love for drones pretty much convinces people that we have a POTUS with an alligator mouth and  hummingbird cajones. :scared smiley:

All mouth and trousers. Old expression I got from my Nan  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 08:08:15 AM »
 :hands: 88finger point :laughingdog:
Abraham Lincoln:

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 08:13:10 AM »
All mouth and trousers. Old expression I got from my Nan  :laugh:

Ain't that the truth.

"I'll let you know what I'm going to do as soon as Valerie Jarrett tells me what to do."
Liberalism isn't really about making the world a better place. It's about reassuring the elites that they are good people for wanting to rule over it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf