Author Topic: Tapper: "The Obama Administration Is Holding No One Responsible" For Benghazi  (Read 1121 times)

Offline happyg

TAPPER: As of today, it's official, the Obama administration is holding no one responsible for what happened before the deadly attacks on the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya. Last fall, it was only a matter of days after those four Americans were killed in Benghazi before evidence started appearing indicating that State Department officials paid insufficient attention to requests from diplomats and security personnel in Libya desperately asking for additional security. Around that time, then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton put four State Department officials on administrative leave. But, as of today, those four have been invited back to work. Secretary of State John Kerry decided that the four do not deserve any formal disciplinary action, and a State Department official tells me that there was no breach of duty for these officials and that they are not returning to their previous positions.

What's notable about this move is that those decisions to not provide additional security personnel and assets in Libya, that's one of the only parts of the Benghazi scandal that Obama administration officials will acknowledge was a real actual problem. You can you go back and forth on talking points from the White House and whether U.S. military assets were in position to rescue the Americans being attacked, but the continual denials throughout 2011 and 2012 of additional security for Ambassador Chris Stevens and the others there in Libya, that part of the Benghazi controversy no one with any real knowledge or perspective on the tragedy can refute. How bad was it? Recall the testimony of the former regional security officer in Libya, Eric Nordstrom, who left his post less than two months before the attack. He described for Congress just how State Department officials continually shot down his requests for additional security.

NORDSTROM: You know what makes it most frustrating about this assignment? It's not the hardships, it's not the gunfire, it's not the threats. It's dealing and fighting against the people, programs and personnel who are supposed to be supporting me. And I added it by saying for me, the Taliban is on the inside of the building.

TAPPER: You heard that correctly. That's the regional security officer from Libya, the former one, describing State Department officials as the Taliban. An independent review of what happened in Benghazi noted that security was "grossly inadequate" and faulted systemic failures in leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels, though it was established that no one had been proven to have been breached his or her duty.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/08/21/tapper_the_obama_administration_is_holding_no_one_responsible_for_benghazi.html

Offline Rapunzel

Too bad Tapper went to CNN instead of FOX, he is one of the few left who makes an attempt at journalism and lets the story lead you instead of you leading the story.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

Too bad Tapper went to CNN instead of FOX, he is one of the few left who makes an attempt at journalism and lets the story lead you instead of you leading the story.

I always liked him because of his non partisan reporting. I have no idea what his party affiliation is, and don't care.

Offline Carling

I always liked him because of his non partisan reporting. I have no idea what his party affiliation is, and don't care.

ABC got rid of him.  That would be your first clue, as in you can rule out Tapper being a Democrat.  Other than that, I've always appreciated his reporting, because he clobbered W, too, in the name of journalism. 
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:38:00 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

ABC got rid of him.  That would be your first clue, as in you can rule out Tapper being a Democrat.  Other than that, I've always appreciated his reporting, because he clobbered W, too, in the name of journalism.

An "honest" journalist doesn't choose sides.  They report the facts and let the chips fall where they belong. The media should never choose winners and losers, when they do we all are the ultimate losers.  Sadly, we are missing more than a handful of "honest" journalists these days.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

CNN, for some reason, is permitting Tapper to commit acts of journalism:  Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack:
... Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

CNN, for some reason, is permitting Tapper to commit acts of journalism:
:laugh:  Thank goodness.

Offline Rapunzel

Should have had him interview Obama last week.

Offline Carling

Should have had him interview Obama last week.

CNN would have never got the interview.  Wake up.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------