Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh: Nobody listens to Obama  (Read 1215 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush Limbaugh: Nobody listens to Obama
« on: August 23, 2013, 10:12:49 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=E99E5B30-6A41-498F-92E2-8F45513AADF2

By: Breanna Edwards
August 23, 2013 01:59 PM EDT

Rush Limbaugh doesn’t think it’s his fault that Republicans aren’t listening to President Barack Obama; the way he sees it, no one is listening to the president anymore.

“I think that nobody is listening to Obama anymore. I don’t think he commands nearly the attention or the interest that he [did] and so what he’s doing is going back to the greatest hits,” the conservative radio host said on his Friday show. “And like if you’re in a radio station losing audience, you’ll play hits … stop the new age stuff and go play the hits. Well he’s going back and he’s recycled this idea that Republicans are not cooperating with him because they’re afraid of what I’m going to say about him.”

Limbaugh scoffed at the notion that the GOP walks on egg shells when around him, insisting that the conservative lawmakers weren’t listening to him.

“The true irony here is the Republicans are not listening to me. I don’t know who the Republicans are listening to outside of their consultants, but they’re not listening to me,” he said.

Later Limbaugh said that the president keeps portraying Limbaugh as “his No. 1 obstacle.”

“The president of the United States seems to think that I’m something more than relevant, seems to think that I am something more than an entertainer,” he added. “The president of the United States has blamed me more than he’s blamed Boehner or McConnell or anybody else in the Republican organizational chart.”

“Here I just leapfrogged over George W. Bush, over the Republican Party, over the speaker of the House. I’ve leapfrogged over the ridge. I am at the top of the enemies list,” Limbaugh said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Olivia

Re: Rush Limbaugh: Nobody listens to Obama
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:49:54 pm »
Obama doesn't like anyone that is against him.  Look at how he complains about Fox News.
For heaven's sake, he has CNN, MSNBC and most of the media swooning at his feet, but he talks about Fox News and Limbaugh. 

Personally, I'll turn the channel if he's on. I can't stand to hear his boring, repetitive talk.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:41:38 pm »

Personally, I'll turn the channel if he's on. I can't stand to hear his boring, repetitive talk.

Who needs to hear his voice before they grab the remote?  I'm gone as soon as his face is on the screen....heck...soon as the newsreader mentions his name.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 11:48:22 pm »
Obama is becoming increasingly irrelevant because (a) as a lame duck there is little to fear from him, and (b) he was always nothing more than a figurehead in the first place, and so long as he fills the rhetorical role of the "first black president" the real democrat party leadership are more than willing to ignore him and pursue their own private political agendas.

If Obama had been a strong President, he would still command respect - and possibly still some fear - because a strong President can still make "things" happen, even if he's a lame duck - Reagan was a good example - but he's not; he's a weak, vacillating, posturing, narcissist more interested in "striking a pose" than doing any heavy lifting.  Just like Jimmy Carter.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:50:13 pm by Oceander »

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 01:12:02 pm »
One thing seems abundantly certain, no one in the international community pays any attention to what he says or threatens. **nononono*

Offline Relic

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 02:17:39 pm »
Obama says things that will play to the public. The Obama voters hate Limbaugh, barely understand what Limbaugh is about, and lack the curiosity to find out. So, Obama hits these old notes, the Obama media nods knowingly and reports it, (since they hate Limbaugh too), and the moron Obama voters, (the ones who actually pay attention), agree.

The public isn't suffering enough, yet. So, they're more interested in Obama's World Series pick, who he likes for the NFL games, where the next vacation will be, and who's giving a WH concert, you know, important stuff.

And Obama/Jarrett/DNC are still very dangerous. The media will accept anything they do, regardless of it's legality, so the executive orders in the next 3 years will be devastating. If there was a real opposition, some of that could be mitigated.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 02:39:14 pm »

Unfortunately, the blacks still do...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 02:40:31 pm »
“The president of the United States seems to think that I’m something more than relevant, seems to think that I am something more than an entertainer,” he added. “The president of the United States has blamed me more than he’s blamed Boehner or McConnell or anybody else in the Republican organizational chart.”

“Here I just leapfrogged over George W. Bush, over the Republican Party, over the speaker of the House. I’ve leapfrogged over the ridge. I am at the top of the enemies list,” Limbaugh said.

Said Rush, while on his way to the bank...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan