Author Topic: Democrats Tell Me Privately That They Would Love to Oppose Obama, But They're Afraid to Speak Out  (Read 833 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Democrats Tell Me Privately That They Would
Love to Oppose Obama, But They're Afraid to Speak Out

August 26, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Folks, let me tell you something. You know, privately there are a lot of Democrats that tell me that they are just distressed over what Obama has done to the health care industry and to jobs.  They are afraid to say anything about it because of recriminations, because this regime fights back.  I mean, this regime does not take internal criticism at all, just like they try to eliminate all conservative opposition.

Likewise, if anybody in the Democrat Party goes public with the slightest disagreement or problem with what Obama's doing, it could be curtains for them, particularly if they are elected.  I have a lot of Democrats privately telling me they would love to be able to stop Obamacare but that they know they don't have the votes in the Senate, and I just want to get that out there.  It's not new.  I mean, I've been hearing about this from Democrats for a couple of years now.

Speaking of which, let me grab the call up on line one from Westminster, Maryland.  This is John.  John, I'm glad that you called.  Great to have you on the EIB Network.  Hello, sir.

CALLER:  Hello.  I want to say this is a great honor.  I've been trying to reach you for a very long time, and I just want to thank you for the work you have done.  My background is that I'm originally from Chicago, and a lot of people will probably kind of know who I am because they know me personally. I am a registered nurse, and I've worked at the University of Virginia Medical Center, and I'm also applying to other physicians as a nurse here as well.  And this is a great honor, and I'd like to thank you for the work you've done, and thanks for having me on the show.

RUSH:  You bet.

CALLER:  My comment to you is that -- in light of what you have said in your comments about the Democrats wanting to stop Obamacare -- well, yeah, I see it in academia as well. Because I am also enrolled is a BSN program at a major institute, and I'm not gonna reveal that but --

RUSH:  Well, no, because everybody knows who you are already.

CALLER:  Right.  So what I'm gonna say is that, you know, even the academics aren't allowed to talk about it.  Being the foreigner that I am, I grew up in... My folks are originally from Korea --

RUSH:  Yeah?

CALLER:  -- and came over to America. You see what's happening worldwide with the overreach of government and the overreach of power.  It's just unfortunate that America has to go through the same thing that's repeated, historically speaking. It's just sad that in class you're not even allowed to talk about the pros and cons.  You know, I mentioned this to a number of teachers as well as assistant deans. I said, "The government has done its job by silencing all of us."

RUSH:  Well, look, what he's doing here is backing up the point. He's not talking at all about what I thought he was gonna talk about, folks.  What I thought he was gonna say was that, as a nurse, he's got a good handle on Obamacare. It says on the board he was gonna say that there's no way to stop it, that the Democrats are gonna push it, and that the Republicans will eventually go along.  I thought that's what he was gonna say.

But, regardless, even he says that he knows Democrats, and this guy's everywhere. This guy's in academia. He's a nurse, in university or wherever. He's in Chicago, Maryland, Washington, all that. Everywhere he goes, there are Democrats and professors who don't like it but they're afraid to say anything.  Well, I don't know about that.  All I can tell you is, there are a lot of liberal Democrats who have told me privately that they don't like this, but they're afraid to say anything.

You know what happens to people in the regime that go against it.

I mean, that's the end of their careers.  But there are a lot... I've even had Democrats... I'm not kidding about this.  I've had Democrats tell me privately, they are worried long term about what's happened to this party.  You know, I say to them, "Well, my perception is, your party's set up for perpetual power.  I don't know how you're ever gonna get beat, because you've succeeded in convincing the Republicans to go after the same voters that you're going after, and there's no way they're gonna get 'em.

"You have convinced the Republicans to go after only the independents. You've convinced the Republicans never to criticize Democrats.  I mean, you've effectively neutered the Republicans and you've turned at least half this country into a dependency class and you're about to get amnesty.  What do you mean you're worried about your party?"  A number of them have said that what they fear is that at some point, the American people are gonna wake up and see it doesn't work.

"They're gonna wake up," he said.

He says they're worried that there is literally going to be shrinking prosperity, and when that happens -- he doesn't think this is any time soon, but when all that happens -- there's gonna be a big backlash against the Democrat Party. Because at some point, people are going to realize it doesn't work, and what this guy's really afraid of is once you take Obama out of the equation and can't blame race and you don't have this mythological, messianic-like figure -- once you put your standard, ordinary, everyday average Democrat in there (even including Hillary) -- then it's all gonna come to a screeching halt.

This is what they tell me privately.  Now, I don't know how many of them it actually is 'cause I don't know all of them, but a number of them are worried.  And it could well be nothing more than... Look, these Democrats, you have to understand: They do not trust voters.  At the end of the day, they don't, because they look at average people with contempt.  See, every election is Christmas, it's Santa Claus, it's this or that. But they don't trust voters.  I mean, you've seen it.

When the Democrats do lose elections, what do they say about the voters?  I mean, they rip 'em! They got fooled or they're stupid idiots or what have you.  But I found it interesting that these people -- and it's not just the last couple of weeks.  These are people who are thinking long term, and I guess there's an analogy here.  Let's say that your favorite football team is the league powerhouse.  Let's say it's the seventies and you're a Steelers fan.

They beat everybody, four Super Bowls in one decade.  That's never been done.  Even then, there were Steelers fans who worried that it wasn't really real, that they were gonna lose. They weren't really as good as they looked.  I mean, they played great, but you'll always have some people, real fans, who doubt it.  As you know, there are people who are deathly afraid of success.  You know the kind of people they are?

Those are people who don't think it's justified.

They're people who don't think it's legitimate, and they're worried that it could end.  I'll never forget Oprah one day said that she's not one of these people that is afraid of her own success. She's not gonna sit there and tell herself that it isn't justified, that it hasn't been deserved.  But she was right in alluding to the fact that there are people like that. There are people who are successful who destroy themselves. They destroy their own success because they believe it isn't real, that they don't really deserve it.

They've been talked down to and talked down so much of their lives that when they do become successful they end up their own worst enemies by not believing it, not believing it's real.  These Democrats that I'm talking to privately are much like that, 'cause they don't think the vast majority of the American people have had this amazing magic transformation and now agree with them for life.  They think that there are "transigent" (if I can use that word in this circumstance: transigent) events that have turned people into Obama voters.  But they're not concerned that they're Democrats, or they're not convinced that they're Democrat voters.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  I'll tell you something else that these Democrats tell me privately.  They do not like... It's not that they don't like.  They're not comfortable with how the country is being divided.  We often, on this side, make the mistake of looking at them as -- I know this is true, and it's common with way too many people -- as almost invincible.  We think they can't lose because they've got the media.

Even though they do lose now and then, we think that they're all just confident as they can be and that they're all pretty good strategists, some of them brilliant.  We don't ever think they've got any doubts about things, and we believe that they're very happy with what's happening to the country.  "The more roiled, the better for them. The more chaos, the better."  We look at it as the more people turning to government for solutions to problems, the better they have it.

We look at that sad situation in Detroit when all those tens of thousands of people showed up for whatever little government benefit there was and there wasn't nearly enough to go around and the radio reporter for WJR went to the crowd and asked them about it, and they didn't know diddly-squat.  It was pathetic, really, how out of it and uninformed these citizens were.  They just knew Obama was gonna give 'em some money.

"Well, where's he gonna get it?"

"We don't know. Obama's stash."

We think that they don't care about that.  We think that they're just fine and dandy with keeping people dumb and uninformed and so forth.  You know, you talk about them not trusting the voters. What do you think their opposition to voter ID is all about?  They do not trust voters to vote for them.  If you have photo ID for voting, they think they're gonna lose.  They do not trust voters.  The evidence for that is no more obvious than their opposition to photo ID to vote.

They're not these never doubtful, always confident types, at least these guys that I know and speak with. These guys have privately told me that they worry about all these divisions in country because they don't think anything good can come from all the chaos, just day-to-day life.  Here's more evidence of it.  This is a story from TheHill.com.  Black Lawmakers Lament Flaring of Racial Tensions Under Obama."  You know this Martin Luther King anniversary speech that Obama's gonna do on Wednesday?

I'll tell you another truth: The civil rights guys are not that excited about this, because Obama's not down for the struggle.  He's really not.  He doesn't come from the civil rights struggle.  He doesn't come from any of that.  He has to fake that, and these guys... You'll not see any evidence of this, obviously, but they're a little bit uncomfortable about it.  I mean, the number one, most powerful black man in America is not down to the struggle.

Some of them tell me this privately.  I say, "You've got nothing to worry about in that sense, because you're getting pretty much everything you wanted."  And they say, "Yeah, well, look at black unemployment!"  They're not happy about that.  I said, "Well, you don't have to look at Obama for that. Just look at your own policies.  I mean, you sign on to everything the guy wants to do.  You guys are sitting around doing all this damage to the private sector economy.

"There are less and less opportunities, fewer and fewer jobs."  They really thought that the first African-American president would be doling out some special things for the black community.  It hasn't happened, and the unemployment numbers show it.  So you got the big Martin Luther King speech on Friday, and you'll never see this, but they're not really excited about the fact that Obama is doing it. (interruption)

Well, he has, but he hasn't been able to get 'em out of poverty. He hasn't been able to get 'em all jobs.  They were given phones and food stamps before Obama got out of office. I mean, those things have been around -- food stamps have been around -- forever.  The point is Obama has not done anything exclusively and especially for the black community, other than talk. (interruption) "Michelle has a garden."

Big whoop! That's the point.

They've got it all, but it's not utopia or panacea out there.

"When President Obama follows in Martin Luther King Jr.’s footsteps on Wednesday with an address at the Lincoln Memorial, he will face a nation where race remains the great divide. Black lawmakers," and I'm sure some of the ones that have spoken to me privately, "say the election of the nation's first African-America president has not been a salve for racial tensions, a view that the public has also voiced in recent polling.

"While Democratic lawmakers place the lion's share of the blame on Republicans for the state of affairs, they betray disappointment that more progress has not been made since the civil rights movement won its biggest victories." This is TheHill.com.  I'll tell, this dovetails with what I have been hearing privately.  You know, some of these people really thought that there would be improvement in racial relations with the election of the first black president.

But he's not one down for the struggle, for one.

Number two, it was easy to predict that race relations were only gonna get worse.  I predicted that. It was easy to predict that.  All you have to do is criticize the president, and because he's black, you've got racism.  There was no hope for race relations to get any better.  It couldn't happen.  The election the first black president, people were hoping that the election itself would say it all. Just the results.

But what people forgot was that presidents get criticized, whether they're from Mars, whether they're from Hawaii, or wherever they're from.  But this one happens to be the first African-American, and so criticism of him is and always was gonna be racism, and therefore not permitted.  Right here it is in TheHill.com. It's the Martin Luther King 50th anniversary, and they're not all happy in the civil rights coalition, folks.

END TRANSCRIPT

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/08/26/democrats_tell_me_privately_that_they_would_love_to_oppose_obama_but_they_re_afraid_to_speak_out
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald