Author Topic: 125 shopping days left: Retailers start Xmas deals  (Read 1020 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

125 shopping days left: Retailers start Xmas deals
« on: August 22, 2013, 07:31:08 pm »
Here's an interesting sign of how well retailers are doing in the Obama economy.

Even before the school bells are ringing for many families, retailers are sounding sleigh bells.

Yes, that's right. With 120-plus shopping days left, stores are already talking up their holiday offers.

Toys R Us announced Wednesday that it would expand its price-match guarantee to include online retailers including Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Target.com and BestBuy.com, among others. The aim, according to the release, "Removing any doubt before holiday shopping begins in earnest that customers are receiving the best available prices."

Also on Wednesday, Walmart announced it will drop the $5 fee it charged shoppers in previous years to open a layaway account. Shoppers can begin putting eligible items on layaway for the holidays on Sept. 13, with the retailer's Facebook fans gaining access two days earlier.

"All year long, but especially during the holidays, our customers need a low price leader," said the retail giant's chief merchandising and marketing officer Duncan Mac Naughton in a statement. "This year, we are committed to doing everything we did last year to help Americans save money—plus more. More savings, more layaway items and our commitment that they can give their families a great Christmas on a budget."

I will not guarantee that if any retailer starts playing Christmas music before December 1 that I will not go postal.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100978837
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: 125 shopping days left: Retailers start Xmas deals
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 08:45:56 pm »
As long as they don't pull that stunt of dragging their workers to manage their own manufactured chaos on Thanksgiving like they pulled last year. As I recall, that little stunt backfired and holiday sales overall took a nosedive.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: 125 shopping days left: Retailers start Xmas deals
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:26:16 pm »
I told my family last Christmas that I would no longer play the retail game for Christmas.  Christmas is now officially a RELIGIOUS holiday for me!  Christians aren't supposed to talk about their religion, but retailers sure have hijacked the birth of Jesus!  I love Christmas, but it had gotten so far away from it's true meaning for me, becoming a time of stress instead of a time of joy. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!