Author Topic: Darrell Issa to Investigate Reinstatement of Benghazi Security Employees  (Read 763 times)

Offline flowers

http://freebeacon.com/darrell-issa-to-investigate-reinstatement-of-benghazi-security-employees/

The House Oversight Committee will launch an investigation into the State Department following reports that Secretary of State John Kerry fully reinstated four employees who were faulted for security failures relating to the Sept. 11, 2012, terror attacks in Benghazi, Libya, that killed four Americans.

Oversight chairman Darrell Issa (R., Calif.) announced Tuesday that his committee “will expand its investigation of the Benghazi terrorist attack to include how a supposed ‘Accountability Review Board’ investigation [run by the State Department] resulted in a decision by Secretary Kerry not to pursue any accountability from anyone.”

Four State Department employees were found to have failed in their duties during the Benghazi attack. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton placed the employees on paid administrative leave.

However, reports emerged late Monday that the four employees would be fully reinstated by Kerry and would not face any disciplinary action.

Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Raymond Maxwell, one of the employees in question, told the Daily Beast on Monday that he was told in a memo to come back to work on Tuesday morning.

“No explanation, no briefing, just come back to work. So I will go in tomorrow,” Maxwell said.

This prompted Issa, one of the lead congressional investigators of Benghazi, to express outrage and deem the entire episode a craven public relations venture.

“Obama administration officials repeatedly promised the families of victims and the American people that officials responsible for security failures would be held accountable,” Issa said.

Offline Relic

Issa hasn't had enough camera time lately.

Offline IZZY ANN

Issa hasn't had enough camera time lately.

I respectfully disagree ......GOOD FOR ISSA !!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I respectfully disagree ......GOOD FOR ISSA !!
Let me try from another angle. To some, whenever Issa shows up, the recent RECORD is no results, just his TV face time.

BTW what ever happened with those "fast and furious" hearings? Bengazi?

He never seems to close the deals.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln