Author Topic: Red Sox pitcher does what everyone in America would love to do [VIDEO]  (Read 2307 times)

Offline happyg

Boston Red Sox pitcher Ryan Dempster did what everyone in America would love to do.

During Sunday night’s game against the New York Yankees, Dempster decided to pelt Alex Rodriguez with baseballs, probably because he is an (alleged) steroid-abusing, egomaniacal punk.

Dempster visibly aimed several pitches at A-Rod’s body instead of home plate until he eventually nailed him in the left shoulder. Naturally, Red Sox fans erupted in cheers.

The umpire warned Dempster that he would be benched, so Yankees manager Joe Girardi screamed at the ump for the warning. Girardi was promptly ejected from the game.

(h/t Deadpsin)

WATCH: Video at link

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/19/red-sox-pitcher-does-what-everyone-in-america-would-love-to-do-video/?utm_content=buffer339d9&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Red Sox pitcher does what everyone in America would love to do [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 03:20:43 pm »
The screaming Yankee manager exhibition is theater.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »
The screaming Yankee manager exhibition is theater.

Bullsh*t.

The Boston pitcher tried for 3 pitches to hit Rodriquez.  He missed until the 3rd attempt.

It was so obvious, that the Boston pitcher SHOULD have received a warning from the umpire....at a minimum, after the 2nd failed attempt.

The Boston pitcher should have been ejected....if that had happened, Girardi....whose job it is to PROTECT his ballplayers, never would have opened his yap.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

famousdayandyear

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 03:59:30 pm »
Used to be the only truth was on the Sports page.  No more.  Politics in sports is undoing the spirits of the endeavor.  A-Rod is a slime and should not be on the playing field, IMO; but that kind of retaliation does not belong in the Red Sox locker room.  I prefer the Nolan Ryan / Robin Ventura solution; let A-Rod rush the mound and let the victor prevail.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 04:11:22 pm »
Used to be the only truth was on the Sports page.  No more.  Politics in sports is undoing the spirits of the endeavor.  A-Rod is a slime and should not be on the playing field, IMO; but that kind of retaliation does not belong in the Red Sox locker room.  I prefer the Nolan Ryan / Robin Ventura solution; let A-Rod rush the mound and let the victor prevail.

#1....I am no A-Rod fan.

#2...Rodriguez is simply taking advantage of the option AVAILABLE in the written agreement between the league and the MLB Players Association that says the player is allowed to play (and earn a paycheck).....while his appeal process runs.   He had appealed the 211 game suspension.

#3...You can seriously hurt somebody if you don't know exactly where the ball is going.   A wild pitcher is dangerous.  It took him 3 pitches to get him.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »
Bullsh*t.

The Boston pitcher tried for 3 pitches to hit Rodriquez.  He missed until the 3rd attempt.

It was so obvious, that the Boston pitcher SHOULD have received a warning from the umpire....at a minimum, after the 2nd failed attempt.
The Boston pitcher should have been ejected....if that had happened, Girardi....whose job it is to PROTECT his ballplayers, never would have opened his yap.

I too am no A-Rod fan, nor a Yankee fan, but I agree with you on all counts.  Girardi (who I do like) did the right thing by his ball club.  Nevertheless, I did find the video entertaining anyway--watching  A-Rod get clobbered over and over was a sight to behold.  If only we could do that with some of our favorite pols.  13859

famousdayandyear

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 04:32:25 pm »
#1....I am no A-Rod fan.

#2...Rodriguez is simply taking advantage of the option AVAILABLE in the written agreement between the league and the MLB Players Association that says the player is allowed to play (and earn a paycheck).....while his appeal process runs.   He had appealed the 211 game suspension.

#3...You can seriously hurt somebody if you don't know exactly where the ball is going.   A wild pitcher is dangerous.  It took him 3 pitches to get him.

I agree, DC.  At least by the second try, Rodgriquez could have taken the classic action.
Yes, a wild pitcher can intimidate like all hell turned loose.  Do you remember Ryne Duren, Yankee reliever?

famousdayandyear

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 04:36:38 pm »
I too am no A-Rod fan, nor a Yankee fan, but I agree with you on all counts.  Girardi (who I do like) did the right thing by his ball club.  Nevertheless, I did find the video entertaining anyway--watching  A-Rod get clobbered over and over was a sight to behold.  If only we could do that with some of our favorite pols.  13859

Disagree.  May be entertaining to some, but a fast ball with enough heat can kill.  Even a direct hit with a line drive to the chest can be life threatening if not fatal.  Ask me how I know.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 04:43:57 pm »

Do you remember Ryne Duren, Yankee reliever?

Absolutely do!   I can still him being 'purposely' wild on his warm-up throws.    I saw one sail all the way to the backstop.

Those inch-thick eyeglasses also gave hitters an unease.....NOBODY got too comfortable in the batter's box with Duren.   LOL!

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 04:54:12 pm »
Disagree.  May be entertaining to some, but a fast ball with enough heat can kill.  Even a direct hit with a line drive to the chest can be life threatening if not fatal.  Ask me how I know.

No thanks. I'll just take your word for it.   I didn't defend Joe Girardi's actions above just to hear myself talk.

Offline flowers

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 04:56:46 pm »
A-Rod go away!   I used to be a fan of his. Not anymore.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 05:03:10 pm »
Re-instate Pete Rose.  This year.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 05:09:41 pm »
Re-instate Pete Rose.  This year.

Absolutely not!

Re-affirm the lifetime ban, instead.

Betting on baseball games the team you're managing is playing....to me is worse (if that's possible) than cheating at cards.   SCUM SUCKERS!

Pete Rose should forever remain the poster-boy of what should never be tolerated in any sport, let alone the great American Pastime.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 05:47:59 pm »

Absolutely not!

Re-affirm the lifetime ban, instead.

Betting on baseball games the team you're managing is playing....to me is worse (if that's possible) than cheating at cards.   SCUM SUCKERS!

Pete Rose should forever remain the poster-boy of what should never be tolerated in any sport, let alone the great American Pastime.

But drugs specifically sought out and ingested with the single goal of improving your performance through artificial means is OK?  Well, I'm sure the great American Pastime will rationalize the difference in moral and ethical standard here. 

Pete Rose is honest and did not name any team members in order to falsely defend himself.
Difference between A-Rod and his slimy defensive moves and Pete Rose's acceptance of this punishment are like night and day.  At a minimum, Pete Rose is now an honorable man.  A-rod never will be IMO.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 11:17:57 pm »
Last I checked, Rodriguez is suspended and not supposed to even be on the field. He chose to appeal, any harm done to him is his doing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

famousdayandyear

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 11:25:27 pm »
Pete Rose did temporary harm to the integrity of the game
Alex Rodriguez (Barry Bonds, and other slimy characters etc) have CHANGED the very nature of the game for their own aggrandizement

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 06:28:23 am »
Update:
MLB suspends Ryan Dempster 5 games for hitting A-Rod

story: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/08/20/ryan-dempster-suspended-alex-rodriguez-mlb/2676575/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 11:14:30 am »
Since a starting pitcher only 'works' in scheduled games every 5th day (MLB teams usually carry 5 starters on the roster).....that means he's only losing one start.

BFD!

PS:   more upset that he needed 3 pitches to plunk him.