Author Topic: Karzai’s Pick For Next Afghan President: Islamist Warlord Who Brought Bin Laden To Afghanistan  (Read 1063 times)

famousdayandyear

http://weaselzippers.us/

Karzai’s Pick For Next Afghan President: Islamist Warlord Who Brought Bin Laden To Afghanistan…

Sickening to think Americans are fighting and dying to keep this piece of shit in power.

KABUL — President Hamid Karzai has suggested that the man who brought Osama bin Laden to Afghanistan could become the country’s next leader, say people familiar with discussions ahead of April’s presidential vote.

Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, right, has floated Abdul Rasoul Sayyaf, left, as a possible successor.

Former Islamist warlord Abdul Rasoul Sayyaf has emerged as an unlikely—and, to Western diplomats, unsettling—favorite in recent gatherings that aim to select a consensus candidate.

At an hourslong meeting with power brokers last week, President Karzai tried to persuade Atta Mohammad Noor, the main authority in northern Afghanistan and a potential kingmaker, to support a Sayyaf presidential candidacy, according to people with knowledge of the meeting.

Mr. Atta, the governor of the northern Balkh province and a former Tajik warlord, made no commitments to Mr. Karzai during the meeting—which these people said was also attended by Mr. Sayyaf, Vice President Mohammed Qassim Fahim and former warlord Ismail Khan. The details of the meeting haven’t previously been reported.

Offline happyg

Things can't get much worse over there...or here.

famousdayandyear

Surprising Karza i has not met with a double tap from his own 'soldiers'

Offline mountaineer

I'm surprised he's lasted this long.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Why?

A/ he is Pashtun, which is the biggest tribe in A'stan.
B/ As CIA liaison, he knows where every body is buried, including the "less than legitimate" funding and arming issues.
C/ He is a confirmed royalist, which gets him extra credit from those not fond of the Taliban.
D/ The USA accidentally tried to kill him back in '01.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive

He has US security watching over him. 
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.