Author Topic: Extortion 17 is a Bigger Scandal and Betrayal than Benghazi  (Read 1078 times)

Offline happyg

Extortion 17 is a Bigger Scandal and Betrayal than Benghazi
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Extortion 17 is a Bigger Scandal and Betrayal than Benghazi
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 09:33:17 PM »
Well, how damned long does it take to get to the truth here?

Hurry up....we're running out of time.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 03:58:54 AM »
I rarely subscribe to conspiracy theories anymore if they can be explained by incompetence, but when incompetence is used as an excuse time after time I have to wonder why our leadership never seems to learn from their "mistakes."  I wonder why the men who gave Obama his most devastating political sound bite,"I Got Osama," were not better protected?  I would think the medal ceremonies would be worth their weight in political gold.

Conversely, to believe Seal Team 6 was sacrificed deliberately forces several questions of "what's the pay off?"  One may assume Obama was angry that Osama was killed.  I don't believe that.  One may assume Seal Team 6 had some information that could be damaging to Obama.  This seems to me unlikely.  So what is the advantage to Obama?  Well, Obama campaigned on a promise to end the wars.  Could the tragic deaths of American heroes help Obama find political cover to end the war before the job is done?  I wish I could say no.

"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 06:48:56 AM »
Well, how damned long does it take to get to the truth here?

Hurry up....we're running out of time.

To get to the truth, we need an opposition party that is interested in uncovering the truth.  Unfortunately, we do not have that.  We have an opposition party that is complicit in a foreign policy that is, at best, naive and, at worst, treasonous.

Whether naivete or treason, the end result is the same: an entire planet rudderless and engulfed in war.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 07:58:08 AM by massadvj »
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 07:54:01 AM »
I rarely subscribe to conspiracy theories anymore if they can be explained by incompetence, but when incompetence is used as an excuse time after time I have to wonder why our leadership never seems to learn from their "mistakes."  I wonder why the men who gave Obama his most devastating political sound bite,"I Got Osama," were not better protected?  I would think the medal ceremonies would be worth their weight in political gold.

Conversely, to believe Seal Team 6 was sacrificed deliberately forces several questions of "what's the pay off?"  One may assume Obama was angry that Osama was killed.  I don't believe that.  One may assume Seal Team 6 had some information that could be damaging to Obama.  This seems to me unlikely.  So what is the advantage to Obama?  Well, Obama campaigned on a promise to end the wars.  Could the tragic deaths of American heroes help Obama find political cover to end the war before the job is done?  I wish I could say no.

It does make you think, doesn't it.

That security breach was nothing short of criminal. If anyone else had done it, they'd have been banged up so fast they'd not even have time to blink.

In terms of what's the payoff - 20 Elite fighters killed in exchange for one old, symbolic yet increasingly irrelevant man's death. Seem like a fair trade, from AQ's perspective.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »

If a dangerous global terrorist....close friends of OBL...said that in retribution, the USA would be attacked and humbled and that Obama's immediate family were legitimate targets...what would OBAMA do?

Remember, "...it's all about the fight"...as Hillary Clinton's thesis stated.

Obama simply said that he would demonstrate his opposition to the OBL attack by giving them SEAL Team Six.

..similar to TWA 800 for the accidental downing of the Iranian jetliner.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »
In terms of what's the payoff - 20 Elite fighters killed in exchange for one old, symbolic yet increasingly irrelevant man's death. Seem like a fair trade, from AQ's perspective.

I know why al qaeda wanted the team dead...I'm wondering why Obama would want them dead?
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 02:18:37 PM »
I know why al qaeda wanted the team dead...I'm wondering why Obama would want them dead?

I'm wondering why we were not allowed to see pics of dead Bin Laden, and why they rushed his burial out to sea.  Perhaps those dead Seals could have clued us in on that.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 02:23:12 PM »

Perhaps the Seals did not kill Osama, but were ordered to fake it. That could be why Obama didn't watch the video, because there was no video. I'm just guessing, but can think of no other reason to have them killed.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 03:02:25 PM »
Perhaps the Seals did not kill Osama, but were ordered to fake it. That could be why Obama didn't watch the video, because there was no video. I'm just guessing, but can think of no other reason to have them killed.

No chance. AQ are not exactly amateurs at the PR game. If it was faked, they'd be all over it.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »
As long as we are wearing tinfoil hats...

What if AQ has access to a nuclear weapon and threatened to use it unless these guys were disposed of?  Or maybe they threatened to permanently disfigure Reggie Love's mouth.  :smokin:
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »
As long as we are wearing tinfoil hats...

What if AQ has access to a nuclear weapon and threatened to use it unless these guys were disposed of?  Or maybe they threatened to permanently disfigure Reggie Love's mouth.  :smokin:

Why bother with a nuke?

Conventional explosives and reactor waste will make a city uninhabitable for centuries.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 04:42:35 PM »
Why bother with a nuke?

Conventional explosives and reactor waste will make a city uninhabitable for centuries.

I think you guys are off in another direction here.

Obama couldn't less if a dirty bomb exploded in a major city in the USA.

OBAMA's entire plan is to WRECK THE PLACE!

DUH!!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf