Author Topic: Saudi Arabia beheads man for torturing wife to death: Report  (Read 1145 times)

Offline flowers

Saudi Arabia beheads man for torturing wife to death: Report
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:09:59 pm »
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Saudi-Arabia-beheads-man-for-torturing-wife-to-death-Report/articleshow/21845663.cms

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia on Thursday beheaded a citizen convicted of torturing his wife to death, in the first execution since the start of the Muslim fasting month of Ramzan, state media said.

Fawzi al-Khaibari had been found guilty of beating up and burning his wife with an iron before "crushing her skull" and leaving her to die, the interior ministry said in a statement carried by the official SPA news agency.

He was beheaded in the holy Muslim city of Medina, in the west of the Gulf country.

It was the first reported execution in the conservative kingdom since July 8, two days before the start of Ramzan which ended last week.

A total of 58 people have now been executed in Saudi Arabia since the start of the year, according to an AFP count.

In 2012, the Gulf country executed 76 people, according to a tally based on official figures. Human Rights Watch has put the number at 69.

Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under Saudi Arabia's strict version of sharia, or Islamic law.

I didn't know they actually beheaded men in Saudi Arabia for this type of crime. I would have thought sharialand would have given him a medal.....who knew?

:peeonobama:

Offline mountaineer

Re: Saudi Arabia beheads man for torturing wife to death: Report
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 12:33:18 pm »
I didn't know they actually beheaded men in Saudi Arabia for this type of crime. I would have thought sharialand would have given him a medal.....who knew?
Yes, it was surprising. I thought they'd name him "Husband of the Year" for properly showing his woman who's boss.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Saudi Arabia beheads man for torturing wife to death: Report
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 12:39:24 pm »
No. You are permitted to kill your wife in certain circumstances - infidelity is the main one. You are obliged to kill her cleanly.

Beating your wife is a whole different story.

I really wish I was being sarcastic here ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink