Author Topic: 'BUTLER' DIRECTOR LAUNCHES RACIAL SMEAR AGAINST 'WHITE FOLKS'  (Read 1853 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'BUTLER' DIRECTOR LAUNCHES RACIAL SMEAR AGAINST 'WHITE FOLKS'
« on: August 13, 2013, 12:43:01 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/08/12/Butler-direcgtor-launches-racial-attack-against-white-folks

by JOHN NOLTE  12 Aug 2013, 2:35 PM PDT

Lee Daniels, director of "Lee Daniels' The Butler," can't seem to keep his charges of racism straight. I always thought that a sure sign of racism was how much rural whites love to see black people "perform." But now Daniels is claiming that he had to stock his latest film with white actors out of the fear that, unless he did, rural whites would not want to see a film starring only black people:

The new movie “The Butler” has a unique political feature: Portrayals of five U.S. presidents. (Robin Williams plays Dwight Eisenhower, James Marsden portrays John F. Kennedy, John Cusack plays Richard Nixon, Liev Schreiber as Lyndon B. Johnson and Alan Rickman plays Ronald Reagan).

Director Lee Daniels says that many big stars was, in part, a way to balance the film’s lineup of actors.

"I want people from Oklahoma, I wanted people from Nebraska, I wanted people from Idaho who wouldn’t be so excited about going to see an African-American film with these African-American actors, people that understood some of these other folks, white folks that were celebrities.”
The film’s primary actors are Forest Whitaker, Oprah Winfrey, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Terrence Howard and David Oyelowo.

This, of course, is nothing more than Daniels hurling an ignorant and bigoted smear against rural whites (a club of which I am a proud to be a member). It is also anti-science. No white actors have ever been necessary to turn Will Smith, Halle Berry, or Denzel Washington films into mega-hits. And Oprah Winfrey, one of the stars of the "The Butler," isn't a billionaire today because large swaths of white America would have nothing to do with her.

But of course when you mention that four of the biggest, most popular, and bankable stars in the country are black as proof of how far America has come racially, you are reminded by leftists like Lee Daniels that white bigots have always enjoyed watching black people "perform."

Until now, that is. Now we are bigots because of the opposite… or something.

What Lee Daniels sounds like to me -- other than someone with bigoted misconceptions about people based solely on their skin color -- is a director already making excuses for a box-office flop.

And what better way for producer Harvey Weinstein to squeeze even more free Oscar publicity out of his Oscar bait than with a baseless and bigoted attack against those awful rural whites who did not make "The Butler" a success.

It is interesting, also, how perfectly Daniels' bigoted smear of rural whites dovetails with Oprah's racially-charged (and hotly disputed claim) she was a victim of racism in Switzerland.

There is no question that all this divisive, bigoted, and racially-charged rhetoric will help to ingratiate "The Butler" to the hard-leftists who make up the core of Hollywood's Oscar voters. But there is also no question that the mainstream media will let Daniels get away with smearing large parts of America based only on their skin color.

As an example, look at Daniels' quote above. He spewed that anti-science bigotry to Politico's Patrick Gavin, and Gavin never so much as blinked.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: 'BUTLER' DIRECTOR LAUNCHES RACIAL SMEAR AGAINST 'WHITE FOLKS'
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 12:49:26 am »
John Cusack plays Richard Nixon

That oughta be a beaut of a portrayal.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 12:53:02 am »
Another movie which is no doubt nothing but pure liberal propaganda.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 01:22:01 am »
I sincerely hope this movie tanks, big time, at the box office.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 01:22:51 am »
Anybody bet Oprah will be nominated for an Oscar?  I predict that she will be.  You read it here first.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 01:35:19 am »
This movie is going to bomb.

The racial angle is going to kill it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 01:37:26 am »

You and me both Lipstick!  And yeah, I guarantee it gets some Oscars - anymore it's the agenda that drives the Oscars - so predictable.  Robin Williams as Ike?   :thud:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 01:39:10 am »
Robin Williams as Ike?

Oh..it's a comedy then.....lol :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 02:11:47 am »
This movie is going to bomb.

The racial angle is going to kill it.

That is my gut feeling as well.   I would imagine regular folks are sick and tired of having racism hung around their necks, and the incessant Zimmerman stuff has only added to it.  I think that secretly there are a lot more Zimmerman supporters out there than Trayvon supporters.

Who the hell wants to go to the movies and have more racism shoved down their throats? 

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 02:12:56 am »
Oh..it's a comedy then.....lol :shrug:

Nah.   Its been decades since Robin Williams was funny.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2013, 02:20:44 am »
That is my gut feeling as well.   I would imagine regular folks are sick and tired of having racism hung around their necks, and the incessant Zimmerman stuff has only added to it.  I think that secretly there are a lot more Zimmerman supporters out there than Trayvon supporters.

Who the hell wants to go to the movies and have more racism shoved down their throats?

Nobody. 

Wrong time for Opah's movie, and her antics over the last week haven't helped.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2013, 02:31:01 am »
Nah.   Its been decades since Robin Williams was funny.

Now, THAT was funny!

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2013, 02:35:42 am »
Nobody. 

Wrong time for Opah's movie, and her antics over the last week haven't helped.

I think Oprah's "antics" were very deliberate.  She knows very well this film is being released this week-- gotta get those racism fires stoked for promotional purposes.  She's selling her soul for that Oscar nomination.

Offline happyg

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2013, 02:42:01 am »
I think Oprah's "antics" were very deliberate.  She knows very well this film is being released this week-- gotta get those racism fires stoked for promotional purposes.  She's selling her soul for that Oscar nomination.

Oprah would get an Oscar for a cameo role.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 04:02:28 am »

Same here and it seems Oprah and Lee Daniels are doing everything possible to see that it DOES tank...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Relic

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 01:19:48 pm »
Yet another movie about a noble black person prospering in spite of evil, stupid, racist white people.

Pass.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »

Do I have to go to the movie to avoid being a racist?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan