Author Topic: Perseid meteor shower to light up night sky this weekend  (Read 635 times)

Offline flowers

Perseid meteor shower to light up night sky this weekend
« on: August 10, 2013, 05:37:28 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Perseid meteor shower to light up night sky this weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:53:16 PM »
When we have a new moon like now or even better a dark of the moon night they are amazing.. we always used to go to Lake Powell this week in August and the trip in 2002 was dark of moon and we had a hard time going to sleep so fascinating was it watching the sky...we also saw a meteorite come right toward us and explode in a brilliant light as it flamed out.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 10:57:57 PM »
My son bought his son a nice telescope for Christmas. I didn't know that, and bought my son a big one, that is too heavy for me. I also don't know how to use it. I use the smaller one, and saw Saturn with the rings. It was awesome. I also saw the craters on the moon. I should have gotten interested in the universe a long time ago. It's fascinating. When I was a kid, I used to lay in the backyard and watch the stars. Now, it seems there aren't so many stars showing up.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 11:03:03 PM »
My son bought his son a nice telescope for Christmas. I didn't know that, and bought my son a big one, that is too heavy for me. I also don't know how to use it. I use the smaller one, and saw Saturn with the rings. It was awesome. I also saw the craters on the moon. I should have gotten interested in the universe a long time ago. It's fascinating. When I was a kid, I used to lay in the backyard and watch the stars. Now, it seems there aren't so many stars showing up.

Come visit me.. we have tons of stars.. streetlights are not allowed here.

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »
Come visit me.. we have tons of stars.. streetlights are not allowed here.

I'd love to visit Arizona. A lot of retired folks from around here go there. I have an Internet friend who lives in Sonoma. With Mom living in Florida, and my son living in NY, I'll never get the chance to go west again.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 11:15:44 PM »
I'd love to visit Arizona. A lot of retired folks from around here go there. I have an Internet friend who lives in Sonoma. With Mom living in Florida, and my son living in NY, I'll never get the chance to go west again.

I love Sedona...it's magical.  Pretty much love Arizona, I'll take the heat over earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, snow and massive floods.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf