Author Topic: The 100 Most Popular Conservative Websites For 2013  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

The 100 Most Popular Conservative Websites For 2013
« on: August 09, 2013, 06:55:56 pm »
These websites were ranked using Alexa. The number beside of each website represents its overall rank on the Internet.

Well, I don't know. I'm a bit skeptical as GOPbr isn't on there while FR is #17. So FWIW:

http://www.rightwingnews.com/special/the-100-most-popular-conservative-websites-for-2013/
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: The 100 Most Popular Conservative Websites For 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 10:30:01 pm »
Alexa is spyware, a Windows (IE) toolbar that tracks your Web site visits and compiles data from them.

Obviously it does not include users of other browsers or operating systems (I run an Android) and those who prefer to keep their computers spyware-free. It becomes less and less relevant (and I'd probably say less and less accurate) as the years go on.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:19:18 pm »
We have some growing to do.

GOPBR on Alexa.
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/gopbriefingroom.com#trafficstats

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 11:35:49 pm »
Alexa is spyware, a Windows (IE) toolbar that tracks your Web site visits and compiles data from them.

Obviously it does not include users of other browsers or operating systems (I run an Android) and those who prefer to keep their computers spyware-free. It becomes less and less relevant (and I'd probably say less and less accurate) as the years go on.

That may not be such a bad description of Alexa.  Here's their own description of what they do:
Alexa's traffic estimates are based on a diverse sample of millions of worldwide internet users using thousands of different types of toolbars and add-ons for Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

Since a lot of those toolbars and add-ons get "snuck" onto people's browsers when they're downloading something else - the Java updater does that all the time - this suggests that Alexa's statistics may be biased toward people who don't pay enough attention to what they're doing online.