Author Topic:  (Read 624 times)

Offline happyg

« on: August 07, 2013, 09:48:21 PM »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 07:26:54 AM »
What the heck is he talking about? I think Manziel is obnoxious, but I'm not a Texan, so I guess it doesn't matter.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 10:17:08 AM »
What the heck is he talking about? I think Manziel is obnoxious, but I'm not a Texan, so I guess it doesn't matter.

A hardcore liberal taking an opportunity to bash conservatives and conservatism.

I'd have two questions for Mr. Cowherd, but he'd avoid them. His surname is simply a misspelling of coward. That said, the questions are:

All of Texas? Really? Cowherd has gone to Texas and found that absolutely everyone is supporting Manziel?

What is wrong with those conservative values? Even if those that say they adhere to them fall short, what's the problem? Do you somehow feel obeying the law is a bad idea? Do you dislike police? What is it that has your liberal panties in such a bunch?

I hope Fox1 comes soon, and is good, but I doubt it. Fox has a way of peeing on things to make them appeal to the lowest among potential viewers.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 03:22:06 PM »
What is wrong with those conservative values? Even if those that say they adhere to them fall short, what's the problem? Do you somehow feel obeying the law is a bad idea? Do you dislike police? What is it that has your liberal panties in such a bunch?

Conservatives must be perfect or they are hypocrites.

Liberals are defined by 'do as we say, not as we do' and therefore cannot be hypocrites.

It's really simple to understand if you are a liberal...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 09:13:34 AM »
Manziel may well be the best pure quarterback to come out since Joe Montana.  Talk about talent.  This kid gets BETTER when his team is behind and when he is personally under pressure.  I've never seen an athlete with such amazing presence and awareness since maybe Jason Kid in his early years. 

But.  He's obviously a loose cannon, and could well be headed off the cliff once he turns pro.  The same recklessness that makes him great on the field also threatens to make him a liability to any team he plays for.  It will be interesting to see who drafts him.

As a college professor, I encounter kids like Manziel all the time.  Of course, very few of them have the talent to go along with the brazenness.

And anyone who says Texans are being hypocritical for not criticizing a guy who likes women and beer does not understand Texas, of that I assure you.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 01:29:05 PM »
I was going to say "when he gets NFL money" but he clearly already has something other than paper route money if he's driving a car with a base price of $70K, but he already behaves like he's going to go hogwild with the parties, the glitz, the champagne, etc. once a contract is signed.
 Plus, I'm not sure his helter-skelter scrambling will fit into the pro game. It will be interesting to watch, though.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 03:30:37 PM »
I was going to say "when he gets NFL money" but he clearly already has something other than paper route money if he's driving a car with a base price of $70K, but he already behaves like he's going to go hogwild with the parties, the glitz, the champagne, etc. once a contract is signed.
 Plus, I'm not sure his helter-skelter scrambling will fit into the pro game. It will be interesting to watch, though.

His parents are quite rich, so the lifestyle may not be anything suspicious.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf