Author Topic: A storm is coming: Sun's poles are set to FLIP within four months and it could lead to bad weather and radio disruption  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Summary:

The sun's magnetic field reverses its polarity once every 11 years or so
Flip represents a peak in solar activity where bursts of energy are released
These bursts can lead to space storms and changes to Earth's climate
Radio and satellite communications may also be affected

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2385401/A-storm-coming-Suns-magnetic-field-set-FLIP-lead-bad-weather-radio-disruption.html

For those who want a different perspective NASA has created a video describing the coming flip:

http://www.space.com/22271-sun-magnetic-field-flip.html
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline GourmetDan

Remember all the havoc the last time this happened?

Me neither...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Rapunzel

Remember all the havoc the last time this happened?

Me neither...

It has flipped, we know that for sure.  Isn't it hypothesized this is one of the reasons dinosaurs went extinct?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline GourmetDan

It has flipped, we know that for sure.  Isn't it hypothesized this is one of the reasons dinosaurs went extinct?

No... it does it every 11 years or so...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Oceander

You may be thinking of the Earth's magnetic field reversing itself (although I have no idea if it had anything to do with the dinos dying out).

Offline Cincinnatus

You may be thinking of the Earth's magnetic field reversing itself

Which I believe is going to happen again, possibly soon, and cause all the massive earth changes which have been predicted.

Anybody else on here ever read the works of the much maligned Immanuel Velikovsky?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Velikovsky
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:53:14 pm by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Oceander

Which I believe is going to happen again, possibly soon, and cause all the massive earth changes which have been predicted.

Anybody else on here ever read the works of the much maligned Immanuel Velikovsky?

Maybe so, maybe so.

Offline Rapunzel

You may be thinking of the Earth's magnetic field reversing itself (although I have no idea if it had anything to do with the dinos dying out).

I was thinking earth.

Been watching the How the Earth formed series on History of late... the formation of both Yosemite and Death Valley is fascinating...

It is one of many theories on how and why they went extinct.  One being, of course the asteroid that smashed into Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula, another being volcanic ash spewing into the atmosphere and blocking the sun and the other being the reversing of the earths poles, which has been proven to have taken place by drilling core samples and from evidence found in places where a lot of dino skeletons have been found.  BTW the earths poles switch about every 700,000 years.. and there is there is a theory that large scale volcanic activity is more common at a time when there are many reversals of the earths magnetic field so the two may be inter-related.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

I'd take the pole-switch/extinction theory with a large grain of salt.  Occam's Razor suggests that the meteor impact theory is a much stronger candidate.