Author Topic: Caddell: Boehner 'Purposely Suppressing Anything About Benghazi'  (Read 2245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/08/06/Caddell-Boehner-Purposely-Surpressing-Anything-About-Benghazi

by Larry O'Connor 6 Aug 2013, 8:09 AM PDT

Democratic pollster Pat Caddell appeared on Fox News to discuss the latest revelations on the Benghazi terror attacks of September 11, 2012. Caddell accused the White House of being involved in a cover-up of the events leading up to the attack and the aftermath. He also accused Speaker of the House John Boehner of purposely avoiding any attempts to hold the Obama Administration accountable: 

“We have John Boehner, who has been purposely suppressing anything about Benghazi because he knew what we found out this week. And he approved it.”

Caddell accused the CIA of illegally running guns out of the Benghazi annex to Syrian rebels and he alleged Boehner approved of the plan. 

video at link
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 10:48:18 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Caddell: Boehner 'Purposely Suppressing Anything About Benghazi'
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:27:54 pm »
He is refusing to name a select committee for some reason....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:34:15 pm »
He is refusing to name a select committee for some reason....

Because the minute a select committee is named, every member of the administration, the CIA and every other government group shuts up for however many months the committee is convened.

Use existing committees for all investigations.  Until these CIA operatives come forward, there's really nothing else to investigate.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:03:55 am »
Because the minute a select committee is named, every member of the administration, the CIA and every other government group shuts up for however many months the committee is convened.

Use existing committees for all investigations.  Until these CIA operatives come forward, there's really nothing else to investigate.

Sinkspur it is always refreshing to read your defiantly thoughtful commentary in an ocean of get along cliched sloganeering often accepted as conservative ideology. 

famousdayandyear

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 07:07:17 am »
Sinkspur it is always refreshing to read your defiantly thoughtful commentary in an ocean of get along cliched sloganeering often accepted as conservative ideology. 

Ummm.....cliched sloganeering?  you talkin to me?   

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 07:50:36 am »
Ummm.....cliched sloganeering?  you talkin to me?   
Not at all Famous.  If I was refer to you I would say "funny as hell, and not inadvertently funny."  I am as fond of you as one man can be on the internet
...with another man(apologies if I'm wrong.)

...Both being extremely heterosexual

...except for one time but I really needed the money...

I'm kidding!!!
I didn't need the money 

Seriously Famous,  I enjoy your wit, and I have seen enough depth in your character to assume you question what you read even if we disagree.  I rarely learn things from people who agree with me, except how to better present my views.  I got no beef with you, and truthfully no beef with anybody on this forum.  That's not to say I don't get angry in frustration at being challenged or having to repeat myself on the same thread.  I am sometimes disappointed with the conclusions some posters come to, but I think almost all of the posters here are better informed than most.  Many better informed than me, and I find myself admitting I am wrong often, at least to myself. 

But enough about me, lets talk about me for a bit.

I was just recognizing my admiration for Sinkspur as extraordinary gifted in seeing through BS, and fearless in expressing his opinion.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 08:01:53 am »
I was just recognizing my admiration for Sinkspur as extraordinary gifted in seeing through BS, and fearless in expressing his opinion.

Please don't let it slip through your right-on memory, that your extraordinarily gifted mentor informed this ENTIRE site that I was "intoxicated while posting".  Just some advice from someone who has been around your block a couple a hundert times; choose your mentors carefully.  Otherwise, in the famous words of Shirley Q Liquor, you may be thought of as ignant.  In the spirit of peace and harmony - F

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 08:21:12 am »
Please don't let it slip through your right-on memory, that your extraordinarily gifted mentor informed this ENTIRE site that I was "intoxicated while posting".  Just some advice from someone who has been around your block a couple a hundert times; choose your mentors carefully.  Otherwise, in the famous words of Shirley Q Liquor, you may be thought of as ignant.  In the spirit of peace and harmony - F

Thanks for the warning.   :beer: I'm intoxicated now as planned.  The kids are asleep., and I'm hurting no one except my liver :beer: My number two mentor Churchill once said "chug it."   :beer: and my number one mentor Jesus drank wine with really good reason.   :beer: Sorry you have had bad interactions with some sober b*stard, and peace to you brother. 

famousdayandyear

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 08:38:13 am »
Thanks for the warning.   :beer: I'm intoxicated now as planned.  The kids are asleep., and I'm hurting no one except my liver :beer: My number two mentor Churchill once said "chug it."   :beer: and my number one mentor Jesus drank wine with really good reason.   :beer: Sorry you have had bad interactions with some sober b*stard, and peace to you brother. 

By this silly response, you distract and sow discord on a site designed to foster and enable responsible discourse. It's really too bad for the membership who enjoy lively (not derisive) dialogue.  You are an intelligent contributor; please focus on your ability to articulate your view in a manner that is neutral to the environment.  We engage in the arena of ideas. You have much to offer--let's see more of it.

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 08:50:19 am »
By this silly response, you distract and sow discord on a site designed to foster and enable responsible discourse. It's really too bad for the membership who enjoy lively (not derisive) dialogue. 

You gotta take the good with the bad Famous.  Sorry you see my lighthearted response as sowing discord.  Seriously not meant as derisive or to offend.  Thank you for the praise not quoted.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 08:52:58 am »
You gotta take the good with the bad Famous.  Sorry you see my lighthearted response as sowing discord.  Seriously not meant as derisive or to offend.  Thank you for the praise not quoted.

Nice.  You're welcome.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 10:12:34 am »
Is this repartee an example of what is known as being, "off topic?"  Not that I mind. I'm actually pretty easy about these things myself. I believe in live and let live, and the page-down key.

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 11:15:36 am »
Is this repartee an example of what is known as being, "off topic?"  Not that I mind. I'm actually pretty easy about these things myself. I believe in live and let live, and the page-down key.
Hopefully it is worthy of rat pollster Pat Caddell's unsubstantiated and laughable claim that Boehner is covering up Benghazi with 5 congressional committees led by 5 committee chairmen who do not support a new select committee taking over and starting from scratch.

but off topic?  If booze is not the answer, I've forgotten the question.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2013, 12:19:34 pm »
Well, from my perspective, Mr. Booze is a liar.  Much like the politician, he promises an awful lot, but delivers very little.  Cheers!  :beer:

Offline evadR

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2013, 12:29:17 pm »
HUH???
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 11:04:26 pm »
Sorry to break up this back-slapping, but Sink is incorrect on this..

The reason they named "select" committees to FINALLY get to the bottom of Watergate - where the Democrats AND Republicans actually worked well together is the same reason we need a select committee now...  a Special prosecutor - even if we had the senate - would be worthless because he reports to the President while a "select" committee - unlike what they are doing right now - uses a Chief Counsel – essentially a prosecutor.  This Chief Counsel is tasked with analyzing all the evidence and follows the leads wherever they go. He has pretty much all the powers of a special prosecutor...  In addition a Select Committee is tasked to one task .. be it the IRS, NSA, etc... and is limited in members who actually have extended time to question the people brought before their committee to testify.  Far superior to the current approach of having multiple committees doing their own thing just winds up being a bunch of politicians making 5 minute speeches.

They need to follow the Watergate model - that is unless you really do not want to get to the bottom of these scandals... proof of lack of anything getting done is Fast and Furious.. all we have right now is just a bunch of small campaign speeches...  A Chief Counsel of a select committee would be able to bring all these people in and they question them like it is a courtroom, extensive, detailed, questioning... no grandstanding like we get with Elijia Cummings or Issa - who is NOT an attorney and is, frankly, totally in over his head right now....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 11:39:39 pm »
 :amen:
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 03:44:04 am »

The reason they named "select" committees to FINALLY get to the bottom of Watergate - where the Democrats AND Republicans actually worked well together is the same reason we need a select committee now...  a Special prosecutor - even if we had the senate - would be worthless because he reports to the President while a "select" committee - unlike what they are doing right now - uses a Chief Counsel – essentially a prosecutor.  This Chief Counsel is tasked with analyzing all the evidence and follows the leads wherever they go. He has pretty much all the powers of a special prosecutor...  In addition a Select Committee is tasked to one task .. be it the IRS, NSA, etc... and is limited in members who actually have extended time to question the people brought before their committee to testify.  Far superior to the current approach of having multiple committees doing their own thing just winds up being a bunch of politicians making 5 minute speeches.

They need to follow the Watergate model - that is unless you really do not want to get to the bottom of these scandals... proof of lack of anything getting done is Fast and Furious.. all we have right now is just a bunch of small campaign speeches...  A Chief Counsel of a select committee would be able to bring all these people in and they question them like it is a courtroom, extensive, detailed, questioning... no grandstanding like we get with Elijia Cummings or Issa - who is NOT an attorney and is, frankly, totally in over his head right now....

That is a very good argument and I would like to explore the select committee option when the timing is right perhaps next spring or summer.  My reasoning is political.  I think rat scandals just before elections are delicious.  I know we will disagree and I can almost hear the echos of "Justice delayed is Justice denied."  but that's my opinion.

From my point of view Boehner and the 5 GOP chairmen running 5 investigations all say a select committee is unnecessary at this time.  I take them at their word but I trust the GOP to do the right thing were you do not.  I think Boehner and the chairmen like the drips and drabs coming out and think they can find more.  If Benghazi was not getting a lot of media right now I'd be more concerned.

Here is something else to consider.  When Dubya was president he used a masterful technique to bash the rats in the run up to the Iraq war. 

First he said Axis of Evil and the rats and media spit out their breakfast and screamed "what does that mean!?!" 
Then he said "Saddam has to go," and the rats demanded he explain himself to the American people. 

Dubya said "I don't have to."

The rats and media screamed at the top of their lungs "Oh yes you do!" but Dubya waited until the roar was deafening and then went on national primetime TV  to make his case.

The rats and media already frazzled then said " you gotta get permission from the Congress!!!" 

The rats and media screamed at the top of their lungs "Oh yes you do!" but Dubya waited and waited until the roar was deafening and then went to the Congress and got permission.

The rats and media were apoplectic now.  They demanded of Dubya, "YOU GOTTA GET THE UN'S OK!!!!"

The rats and media screamed at the top of their lungs "Oh yes you do!" but Dubya waited and waited until the roar was deafening and then he and Powell went to the UN and got the permission.

I believe Bush had every intention of jumping those hoops but waited until the rats and media demanded action.

The actors are different but the method is similar.

Boehner maybe thinking that a select committee will be used by the media to paint the GOP as obsessed with taking down the First Black President.  The rank and file GOP demand a select committee. 

Boehner says "I don't need to."

The din gets louder and Boehner says "I don't need to."

Soon even the media starts asking why isn't Boehner acting when so much of the GOP is demanding it.

and Boehner says "Look we have 5 committees investigating and they want more time."

The far-right begins to say "Boehner really does not want to get to the bottom of these scandals."

and Boehner says "We don't need to."

Then the media starts asking "what's going on here?"  and stories keep coming with background info explaining why Boehner's inaction is so weird.

Then one of the committee chairs says "we are stalled.  we can't get any co-operation from Obama.  I recommend a select committee."

and Boehner says "We don't need to."

Another committee chair gives up, then a third, then a fourth, until only Issa remains.

By this time Boehner is facing several Tea Party primary challengers.  O'reilly, Scarsboro, Will all blast Boehner for not doing the will of the GOP voters.

Then Issa says "I'm done.  We need a select committee to proceed"

Boehner says "I guess we have to have a select committee."

Now it is impossible to say Boehner is reckless...he just doesn't have control of the Tea Party faction of the party..

Boehner has used the Tea Party as a foil in much the same manner.  He goes to the President and says "I want to do this or that Barry, but I don't have control of those darn Tea Party guys.  Soooooorry."

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 03:57:19 am »
You are forgetting that Boehner has pretty much folded like a cheap suit to every one of Obama's demands, the only thing he held even a little firm on is Sequester and I truly believe he is going to pass immigration reform.  Frankly I don't think Boehner wants the IRS issue solved anymore than Obama, Boehner has no love for conservatives and if the Tea Party is neutered by the IRS that is just fine with him.. thus no select committee.... and, frankly, the IRS scandle - especially with Obamacare looming and the IRS going to be in charge of all our health records is too big to play games with until next year, Boehner would make a lot more points if he actually named a select committee and hit the admin hard on this - especially now we know the IRS and FEC were illegally sharing info on Tea Party and other conservative groups.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 05:06:14 am »
You are forgetting that Boehner has pretty much folded like a cheap suit to every one of Obama's demands, the only thing he held even a little firm on is Sequester and I truly believe he is going to pass immigration reform.  Frankly I don't think Boehner wants the IRS issue solved anymore than Obama, Boehner has no love for conservatives and if the Tea Party is neutered by the IRS that is just fine with him.. thus no select committee.... and, frankly, the IRS scandle - especially with Obamacare looming and the IRS going to be in charge of all our health records is too big to play games with until next year, Boehner would make a lot more points if he actually named a select committee and hit the admin hard on this - especially now we know the IRS and FEC were illegally sharing info on Tea Party and other conservative groups.

Multiple committee hearings with multiple objectives are massive timewasters.  (In the private sector, they would be derided and dismissed).  Boehner is treading water as long as possible--totally uninterested in leading the House to any sort of real solution.  In short, he is a foggy-brained loser.  A select committee makes sense in order to provide focus; but then putting one together would take freakin forever.  Seems like a mute issue as it stands now unless he gets moving.  Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the voters are mad as hell.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 05:10:39 am »
Boehner would do well to take a page out of the new Rience Prebius playbook and bring it to Obama... nothing would get the voters more excited than to see a show of backbone out of the GOP congressional leaders.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 05:13:02 am »
I am as fond of you as one man can be on the internet
...with another man(apologies if I'm wrong.)
---Once-Ler

For the record, OL, I am female--always have been. 

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 05:16:06 am »

Bingo!  It is obvious Boehner wants nothing of that sort.  It is also pretty obvious that nothing positive will get done with him as Speaker.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 05:19:15 am »

The only thing he wants to hit hard is the bottle of Jamesons.

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 06:17:40 am »
You are forgetting that Boehner has pretty much folded like a cheap suit to every one of Obama's demands, the only thing he held even a little firm on is Sequester and I truly believe he is going to pass immigration reform. 

I'm not forgetting I just don't agree with your assessment.  From my perspective the rats control the Senate and Whitehouse, Boehner controls only the House.  In that House he has a relatively small majority and has defectors on the right and left.  Yet he did stand firm on sequestration denying Obama the use a straw man argument of government shutdowns to forcing spending increases.  He has presided over 40 votes in the house to repeal Obamacare.  He made permanent 82% of Bush's taxcuts.  Something Bush couldn't do with control of both houses of Congress.  He stood fast against gun control measures after several high profile gun massacres.  He insisted on spending cuts with each extension of the debt limit.  I think he has used his limited power for maximum effect.  Judging from his reelection as Speaker just 7 months ago I'd say that the House GOP members agree.

I can't condemn Boehner for passing an immigration bill yet.  Only because he hasn't.  Don't let that stop you though.

Now could you tell me how you can rationally say he folded like a cheap suite every time?