Author Topic: Deion Sanders: Baffling African-Americans Say 'N-Word,' Then Have 'Audacity' to Judge Cooper  (Read 254 times)

Offline flowers

On Saturday, during the pre-Hall of Fame induction show on the NFL Network, Deion Sanders took time to address the media feeding frenzy surrounding Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Riley Cooper's use of the N-word. In so doing, he pulled no punches in saying he is bothered that "African Americans can say the N-word to one another"--that they do so in the locker room and in rap songs--yet they jump all over "a kid who made a mistake" in using the word.

Sanders said: "[Cooper] said something under pressure that really told us what's inside of him. I can forgive him for that. But I cannot for one minute think that [those going after Cooper] have not said something in [their] home, in [their] workplace, at a club partying, or just among friends that [they] don't want to get out."

He then asked rhetorically: "[Yet] you have the audacity to judge this kid?"

Sanders then said "it baffles [him] how African-Americans can say [the word] to one another, but when the other race says it, [they] see a problem."

I have always liked Deion.  I loved to watch him play football. He did a stint in MLB as well.

Online mountaineer

Good for him for saying it.
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but rather he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” Samuel Adams, April 16, 1781.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo