Author Topic: The many faces of Suspended A-Rod  (Read 828 times)

Offline flowers

The many faces of Suspended A-Rod
« on: August 06, 2013, 04:46:08 pm »
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/alex-rodriguez-press-conference-face-photos-are-classic-080513

Alex Rodriguez is no stranger to excellent photos (see here, here and here). And he didn't disappoint Monday. Ole A-Rod put on an absolute facial expression clinic during his pre-game press conference, his first comments since being suspended through 2014.

Here are some of the best snapshots — and it's a pretty impressive array for a 10-minute press conference — along with a quote from him that more or less sums up the photo. Which one is your favorite?

No. 7: The thinker

Offline GourmetDan

Re: The many faces of Suspended A-Rod
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 04:53:12 pm »

So what is he accused of actually taking and what is it supposed to do?

I haven't figured that out (not that I've been paying a whole lot of attention...)

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 05:09:17 pm »
So what is he accused of actually taking and what is it supposed to do?

I haven't figured that out (not that I've been paying a whole lot of attention...)
A-Rod's drug penalty was for "his use and possession of numerous forms of prohibited performance-enhancing substances, including testosterone and human growth hormone over the course of multiple years," MLB said.

His punishment under the labor contract was "for attempting to cover up his violations of the program by engaging in a course of conduct intended to obstruct and frustrate the office of the commissioner's investigation."

In Chicago, Rodriguez wouldn't deny using PEDs, saying "when the time is right, there will be an opportunity to do all of that. I don't think that time is right now."

He added: "It's been the toughest fight of my life. By any means, am I out of the woods? This is probably just phase two just starting. It's not going to get easier. It's probably going to get harder."

Rodriguez admitted four years ago that he used PEDs while with Texas from 2001-03 but has repeatedly denied using them since. His penalty was more than double the previous high for a PED suspension, a 100-game ban given last year to San Francisco pitcher Guillermo Mota for a second offense.

"At some point we'll sit in front of an arbiter and give our case," Rodriguez said.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/alex-rodriguez-suspended-through-2014-ped-use-new-york-yankees-biogenesis-080513
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:09:49 pm by flowers »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:15:37 pm »

Ah, testosterone and HGH.  I thought with a name like Biogenesis that they might have come up with some weird new stuff that didn't exist before.

Thx

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan