Author Topic: Embassy Closings - More Cover for Benghazi?  (Read 1104 times)

Offline happyg

Embassy Closings - More Cover for Benghazi?
« on: August 05, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »
The unprecedented shutter of 22 embassies and consulates, in mainly Muslim countries, along with the issuance of a global travel warning to all Americans, is based on what the Obama Administration calls, a "serious" terror threat.

While these "threats" may be legitimate, how is it that the Obama administration now finds it necessary to shutter almost two dozen embassies and consulates on communication "chatter," when they had the intelligence and "hard" evidence of an imminent terrorist attack on the consulate in Benghazi long before it was actually attacked? Not to mention the knowledge and warnings they had from Benghazi embassy personnel to the State Department that they were vulnerable to attack and needed more protection immediately!

With this latest action, the Obama administration wants to put forward the narrative that they have always been on the alert to terror threats around the world, and specifically, on the sovereign grounds of our many embassies and consulates.

- See more at: http://specialoperationsspeaks.com/articles/embassy-closings-more-cover-for-benghazi#sthash.MoglPei7.ZkoMbPxc.dpuf

Online Lando Lincoln

Re: Embassy Closings - More Cover for Benghazi?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 04:57:47 pm »
I have felt this since the first news of the closings arose.  I told Mrs. Lando that this is Obama controlling the narrative.  I hope that is all it is...
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »
How much info/intell will we be leaving behind for Al Queda to peruse at their leisure??  :nometalk:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 05:37:08 pm »
I see this as us "tucking tail and running".  Why broadcast this intel to the whole world instead of beefing up our security, putting the Marines in place and just whooping their ass when they try to attack?  Is closing an embassy going to PREVENT an attack, or just delay it & give them time to regroup?

OR - is this all just a lie to make the administration look like they are really on top of things?  I have serious doubts as to the veracity of what they are telling us.   :shrug:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:14:54 pm »
Wag the dog.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:43:51 pm »
I see this as us "tucking tail and running".  Why broadcast this intel to the whole world instead of beefing up our security, putting the Marines in place and just whooping their ass when they try to attack?  Is closing an embassy going to PREVENT an attack, or just delay it & give them time to regroup?

OR - is this all just a lie to make the administration look like they are really on top of things?  I have serious doubts as to the veracity of what they are telling us.   :shrug:

Second point first - Yes. No doubt at all in my mind that a goodly portion of this is to make the administration look vaguely competent.

First point though - Look, I like Marines. Admire the hell out of them and respect what they do and, even more, what they are capable of. They do have limits, both physical and logistical though. There is a limit to how long they can act, a limit to how much ammo they can carry and a limit to their alert time. Even Marines get bored - just look at the ones during Obama's speeches!  :laugh:

The potential attackers know this. Don't mistake them for rabble from the slums. There are keen minds behind the attacks, who understand both tactics and people.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink