Author Topic: Putin says leaders should unite to end anti-Christian persecution  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Disgraceful. Not what Putin is saying but that he is saying it instead of our own President, whom I am beginning to loathe on an increasing basis.

Vladimir Putin said last week that he observes “with alarm” that “in many of the world’s regions, especially in the Middle East and in North Africa, inter-confessional tensions are mounting, and the rights of religious minorities are infringed, including Christians and Orthodox Christians.”

The Russian president made his comments at a meeting with Orthodox Christian leaders in Moscow. He urged the international community to take steps towards preserving the rights of Christian people worldwide and preventing the violence that they suffer routinely in dozens of nations around the globe.

The meeting was held with the leaders of all 15 Orthodox Churches to celebrate the 1,025th anniversary of the official adoption of Christianity by Prince Vladimir in 988 A.D. Orthodox leaders spoke out against what they consider the growing secularist suppression of Christian freedoms in Western nations like the U.K. and France, where same-sex marriage has just been legalized, and Christian business owners have been threatened with jail time and forced to pay fines for refusing to participate in homosexual wedding ceremonies.

The Russian Orthodox Church’s chief ecumenical officer, Metropolitan Hilarion, warned of “secularization in disguise of democratization” and of a “powerful energy today [that] strives to finally break with Christianity, which controlled its totalitarian impulses during 17 centuries.”

“Eventually,” Hilarion said, “it unconsciously strives to set up an absolute dictatorship that demands total control over each member of society. Don’t we move to it when ‘for the sake of security’ we agree to obligatory electronic passports, dactyloscopy [fingerprint identification] for everyone, and photo cameras occurring everywhere?”

The article goes on to discuss how Russia has already fully experienced the kind of secularist thinking now enervating the West and the devastation it has wrought there.

What’s changed since then? Putin hinted at it when he said the church in Russia had been a “moral compass” to many who were looking for help, hinting at the recent century of misery and struggle that the Russian people have endured. He also acknowledged the role that the church has played in “culture and education,” adding, “The adoption of Christianity became a turning point in the fate of our fatherland.”

Why is the Russian leadership suddenly recognizing the priceless value to their nation of the Christian virtues they condemned for so many years? It’s simple. The Russian people have learned the hard way about the cultural devastation and decline that results from the rejection of the happy principles that have bolstered the western world for so many centuries.

Russia is a nation that has tasted of the fruit of the self-destructive anti-ethical policies that so much of the western world has come to label “progressive.”

They already tried dismantling the natural institution of family, and replacing it with state control and regimentation. As a result, they are suffering a demographic crisis, with the highest abortion rate in the world. Russians have more abortions than live births.

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/high-tide-and-turn/2013/aug/2/putin-world-leaders-should-unite-end-anti-christia/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:24:41 am by Cincinnatus »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Putin says leaders should unite to end anti-Christian persecution
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 05:40:19 am »
Wow........ :thud:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

famousdayandyear

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 06:07:00 am »
When was the last time the SCOAMF defended Christians (instead of Islam) around the world?  Why yes, you're right!
NEVER

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 05:43:08 pm »
Once again I find myself agreeing with Putin. This White House has never said a thing pro-Christian.   **nononono*  Then again they back the muslimbrotherhood.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 02:57:27 am »
Who is doing a better job at defending the principles of Christianity and Western Civilization?

Obama or Putin ...??

Pretty damning, isn't it ?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 03:01:25 am »
I'm moving. Screw this shell that used to be America. They can have all the gay and Muslim crap they can eat. I think I will be moving to Putin territory.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 03:03:15 am »
I'm moving. Screw this shell that used to be America. They can have all the gay and Muslim crap they can eat. I think I will be moving to Putin territory.

If only it wasn't so cold over there....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 03:21:14 am »

Yeah, that is true. Lived in Scotland. Sun came up at 10am and was gone by 2pm in the winter. And it was cold raining blowing fog almost all the time. Yes you are right. The cold sucks. In fact that is the very reason I didn't move to Alaska or North Dakota. I'm good in the heat, not so good in the freezing cold.

BTW, of all the places I have been in the world, and that is a lot, the coldest I ever got was in Chicago, because I didn't expect it. That wind in the autumn can cut through you like a knife.

But whatever, you can vacation in Spain or Greece, like everyone does, when you get too cold.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 03:29:42 am »
Who is doing a better job at defending the principles of Christianity and Western Civilization?

Obama or Putin ...??

Pretty damning, isn't it ?

Yes it is.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 03:33:30 am »

Costa Rica?  Panama?  Warmer there and friendly.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 03:39:07 am »
Costa Rica?  Panama?  Warmer there and friendly.

We might need to start a commune.... I'm a good cook.

famousdayandyear

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 12:19:48 am »

I can do kitchen prep and clean up.  My cooking OK but not that great.  Plus I can run errands after I buy a motorcycle.  Prefer something close to an open market--fresh stuff that is.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 12:53:27 am »
I can grow vegetables! :beer:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline olde north church

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 01:01:19 am »

Two words:  Black Sea.  That's were the Soviet big wigs used to spend their winters.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline happyg

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 01:26:55 am »

I can help. I'm known for my cooking, but I only do poor people cooking. My sisters do the gourmet cooking!

famousdayandyear

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2013, 01:33:51 am »
I can help. I'm known for my cooking, but I only do poor people cooking. My sisters do the gourmet cooking!

Soul food works for me.  And I can budget and balance a checkbook faithfully.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2013, 01:49:28 am »
Count me in.

I can be the guy who gobbles up all the delicious food being offered.

No need to thank me.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

famousdayandyear

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2013, 01:53:52 am »
Count me in.

I can be the guy who gobbles up all the delicious food being offered.

No need to thank me.

Sorry Cincy.  You have to contribute something.  Love, John Galt

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2013, 02:02:18 am »
FDaY, you are so demanding. I thought by offering to make sure there were no left overs I was doing my bit.

But nooooooo.

So how 'bout I do this: I offer the cooks a recipe and meal plan that is sure to be a hit? It's in accord with Michelle's standards.

But the L.A. Daily News reports it will be potato and chive waffles with no sugar added, to stay in compliance with new federal lunch regulations championed by First Lady Michelle Obama.

Students will also be dining on a “black bean mountain” along with a cucumber and tomato salad and a “warm pear and raisin compote.”

Oh, yummy.
Food Services chief David Binkle called the waffle “savory” and believes it will be a “successful product.”

http://eagnews.org/michelle-os-l-a-school-lunch-menu-potato-chive-waffles-and-a-black-bean-mountain/

No need to thank me.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 02:37:04 am »
I can do kitchen prep and clean up.  My cooking OK but not that great.  Plus I can run errands after I buy a motorcycle.  Prefer something close to an open market--fresh stuff that is.

Famous and Alice ... fresh fruits and vegies are a must ~LOL~

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 02:39:00 am »
Cinc.. gotta have a skill....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 09:22:06 am »
Need a carpenter? Or a not half bad electrician?  :whistle:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

famousdayandyear

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2013, 12:31:38 pm »
Cinc.. gotta have a skill....

Well.....meal planning, shopping is a sort of skill.  Except there must be no pear and raisin compote (whatever that is).  What in the world, Cinc?
There should be collard greens, cornbread and black-eyed peas at least once a week.

Need a carpenter? Or a not half bad electrician?  :whistle:

Absolutely.  And can you do assorted repairs?  (Anything having to do with electricity scares me to death)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 12:54:13 pm »
Absolutely.  And can you do assorted repairs?  (Anything having to do with electricity scares me to death)

Sure can - wiring, plumbiing, woodwork, brickwork, cars - engines and bodywork (no welding), clothes ....

Cinc can help my with the heavier things - that's a skill, right?  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 03:00:14 pm »
Sure can - wiring, plumbiing, woodwork, brickwork, cars - engines and bodywork (no welding), clothes ....

Cinc can help my with the heavier things - that's a skill, right?  :laugh:

Sorry, EC....but the EMP weapons will have destroyed the electrical grid.

We need somebody who is experienced in breeding carrier pigeons.....smart enough not to get the regular pigeons mixed up when preparing meals.    LOL!   

Oh.....and if we're choosing foxholes.....I want to be Sinkspur's wingman.     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald