Author Topic: City in NY Forbid Vets From Flying "Gadsden Flag"  (Read 995 times)

famousdayandyear

City in NY Forbid Vets From Flying "Gadsden Flag"
« on: August 03, 2013, 07:56:13 pm »
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=36929&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Veterans sue New Rochelle City Council
August 3rd,2013

The ignorant liberals on the city council of New Rochelle, NY forbade local veterans groups from flying the “Gadsden Flag” at the local armory, which is owned by the city, because they claim that the flag is “too political”, referring to the current usage by the various “Tea Party” groups. Of course, this is because the city council is not familiar, nor are they interested in learning the flag’s actual history. It has been used by the US Marine Corps for centuries since the first Marines enlisted under the flag in Philadelphia in 1775.

The flag flew over the first US Naval commander-in-chief, Commodore Esek Hopkins, on the mainsail of his flagship that same year.

If “too political” is a reason to ban things, New Rochell should ban the city council.

According to the Washington Times, veterans groups in New Rochelle, are taking the city to court;

City officials contacted on Friday did not immediately comment about the suit, or the case, AP reported.

The lawsuit targets the mayor, the city manager and four council members, and seeks an injunction as well as unspecified damages.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: City in NY Forbid Vets From Flying "Gadsden Flag"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:08:13 pm »
I'm glad they're fighting back - I'm so sick & tired of this $hit.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

Re: City in NY Forbid Vets From Flying "Gadsden Flag"
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 01:44:36 am »
"ignorant liberals" - what other sort of liberal is there?