Author Topic: Britons told to get out of Yemen as Al-Qaeda terror threat shuts embassies  (Read 1150 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/419428/Britons-told-to-get-out-of-Yemen-as-Al-Qaeda-terror-threat-shuts-embassies

The Foreign Office has confirmed the British embassy in Sana'a will be closed for two days from Sunday as a "precautionary measure" and issued advice warning against all travel to the country.

The FCO also stated that Britons remaining in Yemen are unlikely to be evacuated if the unrest gets worse.

:th_10444:
 Obama said Al Qaeda was no more, so it must be a new al queda group.   :smokin:

Offline happyg

I wonder if the chatter is intentional, and the threats are elsewhere, that were missed. This administration has a tendency to be wrong, or on the opposite side of most issues.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
I guess that means there's no longer any salmon fishing in the Yemen.

(Sorry)
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Allegra

I wonder if the chatter is intentional, and the threats are elsewhere, that were missed. This administration has a tendency to be wrong, or on the opposite side of most issues.

We've been wondering the same thing.  They're focusing on Yemen...I hope they don't hit somewhere else.
Don not wait to. There was not the shadow of the wall and another shade of eye gaze, we don not go Nvragr not find the light went shadow Nnvr.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
It might also be nothing but a test to see what kind of responses the US and other nations have to a perceived "threat."

I suspect that when Al-Qaeda strikes again, it will be without any credible warnings.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton