Author Topic: LEFT PRESSURES NBC TO MAKE MADDOW OLYMPICS 'HUMAN RIGHTS CORRESPONDENT'  (Read 831 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2013/08/06/Left-Pressures-NBC-to-Make-Maddow-Olympics-Human-Rights-Correspondent

by BENJAMIN CHANCE  6 Aug 2013, 9:44 AM PDT

Truth Wins Out (TWO), a nonprofit organization fighting anti-LGBT extremism, is “strongly urging” that NBC add to its 2014 Sochi Olympic Games primetime broadcasting lineup a “special human rights correspondent” who would provide viewers with “hard-hitting pieces exposing the reality of what LGBT people, political dissidents and other minorities face every day under the Putin regime.”

TWO’s designated choice for the “would be” post is MSNBC host Rachel Maddow, and the group has launched an online petition calling on NBC to “do the right thing” and give the “beloved” and “esteemed journalist” the assignment.

As TWO Associate Director Evan Hurst explains, “Rachel has the expertise and the instincts to tell this full story to a viewing audience who are appalled by the treatment of their Russian brothers and sisters.”

Hurst said, "Adding her to NBC’s coverage won’t fly in the face of the Olympic spirit, but rather enhance it, as there is nothing in the ethics or the history of the Olympic Games that can coexist peacefully with the war Russia is waging against her own citizens, and the rest of the world needs to know.”

TWO wants to “ensure fair and accurate coverage” and, short of a boycott--an idea which the group notes is worth considering--believes the hiring of Maddow to be like winning the silver. 

“The spotlight can be harsh, but Russia specifically asked for it when they submitted a bid and agreed to host the 2014 Olympic Games in Sochi,” said TWO Executive Director Wayne Besen. “People around the world want to watch and support the Olympics, but they want to do so with a clear conscience."

Because TWO regards the MSNBC personality “one of the most respected television journalists in the United States, with a reputation for being thorough, fair, informative and entertaining,” it see its choice of Maddow as being “frankly, a no-brainer.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Millee

Re: LEFT PRESSURES NBC TO MAKE MADDOW OLYMPICS 'HUMAN RIGHTS CORRESPONDENT'
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 06:43:26 pm »
Guess we won't be watching the Olympics next year.   :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 06:44:49 pm »
I wonder whether she might be arrested if she goes to Russia.   :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 01:09:12 am »
I wonder whether she might be arrested if she goes to Russia.   :whistle:
It would make a wonderful publicity stunt, and I don't put it beneath the Peacock Network.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 01:03:42 pm »
BURBANK, Calif. -- President Barack Obama said Tuesday that he has "no patience" for countries, like Russia, that intimidate and harm individuals based on their sexual orientation.

Obama criticized a new Russian law cracking down on gay rights activism during an interview with NBC's "The Tonight Show.", saying he has "no patience for countries that try to treat gays and lesbians and transgendered persons in ways that intimidate them or are harmful to them."

Russia has said it will enforce the law when it hosts the 2014 Winter Olympics. Asked whether the law would impact the games, Obama said he believes Putin and Russia have "a big stake in making sure the Olympics work."

"I think they understand that for most of the countries that participate in the Olympics, we wouldn't tolerate gays and lesbians being treated differently," he said.

Obama continued, "One of the things I think is very important for me to speak out on is making sure that people are treated fairly and justly because that's what we stand for, and I believe that that's a precept that's not unique to America. That's just something that should apply everywhere."  ...

full story at HuffPost
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org