Author Topic: Gay “Couple” to Sue to Force Churches to Host Gay Weddings [UK] ][for now]  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

This comes from the UK, but sooner or later the same European madness will end up here as well. Obama already demonstrated total contempt for freedom of religion with the mandate. And there is no doubt that worse is coming.

Barrie Drewitt-Barlow, says he and his civil partner Tony will go to court to force churches to host gay weddings. He told the Essex Chronicle that he will take legal action because “I am still not getting what I want”.

I am still not getting what I want is the motto of the gay rights movement.

Mr Drewitt-Barlow said: “The only way forward for us now is to make a challenge in the courts against the church. “It is a shame that we are forced to take Christians into a court to get them to recognise us.”

It’s a shame that Mr. Ridiculous-Name refuses to use a church that actually recognizes his lifestyle and is instead determined to compel churches that don’t to violate their religion.

He added: “It upsets me because I want it so much – a big lavish ceremony, the whole works… As much as people are saying this is a good thing I am still not getting what I want.”

Me, me, me.

The gay couple shot to fame in 1999 when they became the first British same-sex couple to be named on their children’s birth certificates.

They entered a civil partnership in 2006, and Barrie Drewitt-Barlow has reportedly donated around £500,000 to groups lobbying for same-sex marriage.
all italics in original

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/gay-couple-to-sue-to-force-churches-to-host-gay-weddings/#.UfrSr8t0k4U.facebook
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline sinkspur

I assume that a rational Supreme Court would shoot something like this down as a violation of the First Amendment. 

Even in Europe, Churches are not required to perform gay marriages. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

I assume that a rational Supreme Court would shoot something like this down as a violation of the First Amendment. 

When we get a rational Supreme Court, let me know.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Everyone knows this is coming.  They will not be happy until the churches either relent, or are shut down.

For the left, the whole issue has always been an end run on the 1st Amendment; a way to outlaw Christianity.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

It'll not be shot down - The European Court of Human Rights has a long history of questionable or downright ridiculous decisions.

To use an analogy I like, this case is like suing Pizza Hut for not selling you a Big Mac.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

“It is a shame that we are forced to take Christians into a court to get them to recognise us.”
They recognize you.  They recognize you violate 5 out of 10 commandments.  The courts can't get you in Heaven.