Author Topic: Oprah Winfrey, historian  (Read 421 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Oprah Winfrey, historian
« on: August 01, 2013, 02:13:05 AM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline mountaineer

Re: Oprah Winfrey, historian
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 08:54:04 AM »
But others will read this and, because it's Oprah, will accept it as Gospel, little knowing or caring it is a gross exaggeration as is much of American "history" currently.
The "Big Lie" strategy has been adopted by the left on a number of topics, it seems.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 12:38:22 PM »
Oprah Winfrey, historian

The title made me LOL!   :laugh:
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:16:43 PM »
But others will read this and, because it's Oprah, will accept it as Gospel
Five years ago, this may have been true. However, realize that Oprah has faded well into obscurity because of her ill-advised move to her own cable network two years ago. Now, the names she used to lift to prominence-- the Phil McGraws, the Tyler Perrys, and so on-- are the ones Oprah needs to lean on to prop up her channel. The only significant ratings she's had since the move to OWN were for her big-name interviews with Whitney Houston's family and Lance Armstrong, the latter buoyed by all the steroids hype.

I do see she's picked up a couple stalwart soap operas-- All My Children and One Life to Live-- for the daytime. It's a smart move for her, as it gives OWN the audience that used to watch her show.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf