Author Topic: In the doghouse: Inside the beagle-shaped bed and breakfast where guests sleep in the 'muzzle' and eat 'dog biscuits'  (Read 431 times)

Offline flowers

Architectural genius or barking mad?

Idaho's Dog Bark Park Inn, a bed & breakfast guesthouse inside the World's Biggest Beagle, is the pet project of married chainsaw artists Dennis Sullivan and Frances Conklin.

The pair built 30-foot-high 'Sweet Willy' in 1997, funded through sales of miniature dog carvings.

Needless to say - the Trojan-horse style abode is very dog-friendly.

According to their Facebook page, the B&B proprietors 'created Dog Bark Park as a venue to make, display and sell their chainsaw sculptures.'

They then decided to build the two big beagles, Sweet Willy and 12-foot-high Toby, 'to add to the dog theme of their work.'

The dog lovers have said they chose the beagle for their architectural feat because it was a safe bet.

'It was the first breed of dog Dennis started carving 28 years ago and it remains a best-seller all this time,' Conklin told BBC.

'Plus, it is a politically correct breed since there are no horror stories about it.'

Sweet Willy sleeps four, with a queen bed in the main section and two twin futons in the head, all decked out with canine-inspired furnishings.

Guests enter the beagle's body from a private second story deck, and are treated to dog-shaped biscuits left on their pillows.

Read more:
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Funny to see this in the DM. I have driven past this place many times. 

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
That's one unfortunate place to put the entrance.
Proud supporter of the Free Conservative Resistance • #NeitherTrumpNorHillary

Reminder: no party or candidate is entitled to my vote by default.
"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie
"You can't fix stupid." —Ron White

Offline TheMom

That's one unfortunate place to put the entrance.

That should be the exit.   :silly:
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo