Author Topic: Meghan McCain Gets Own Show on New TV Network  (Read 783 times)

Offline flowers

Meghan McCain Gets Own Show on New TV Network
« on: July 27, 2013, 02:51:26 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/27/Meghan-McCain-gets-own-show-on-new-TV-network

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.
Meghan McCain is getting her own show on a new TV network targeting the generation of Americans known as millennials.

"Raising McCain" will debut on Pivot, a general entertainment network that launches Aug. 1. It's described as a documentary-talk series for viewers ages 15 to 34. McCain will star and serve as executive producer.

The 28-year-old author and blogger told the Television Critics Association on Friday that the show lets her "be crazy, be myself and talk about issues."

"I came to Pivot because I think there has to be some sort of middle ground between the Kardashians and C-SPAN," McCain said. "I want to give people information but not talk down to them. I am so excited. This is the best thing I've ever done."

McCain said her 76-year-old father, Republican Sen. John McCain, has already seen a highlight reel of her show.

"We have had conflicts many times. He did not love when I worked at MSNBC," she said. "He has really been a great champion of this show and believing that young people want more substance."

The younger McCain, who is also a Republican, calls her generation the most politically engaged.

"I believe in more than this country is being given in news and entertainment," she said.

:thud:

Offline mountaineer

Re: Meghan McCain Gets Own Show on New TV Network
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 06:32:45 pm »
Who's behind Pivot?
...  the president of Participant Television is Evan Shapiro, who comes from IFC TV and Sundance Channel, networks that have started to find their footing with interesting original content.
Atlantic Wire]  In other words, pretty much a failure with no track record of success.

Oh yes, and
He is also a regular contributor to The Huffington Post.
Cable Center  Say no more, say no more.

And to whom might this appeal?
At its Upfront presentation, network president Evan Shapiro defended the audience that pivot hopes to attract. "They are known as spoiled and entitled, but I don't think that is true," he said. "They are changing."
H'wood Reporter  Changing? This generation barely changes their underwear, but I'll grant you spoiled and entitled. We are still talking about Meghan, aren't we?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Meghan McCain Gets Own Show on New TV Network
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 02:05:19 am »
Hundreds of channels, but nothing to watch... just what we need, more of them!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024