Author Topic: Not a ‘Phony’ Scandal: Never-Before-Seen Footage of Former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty Puts a Face on Slain Benghazi Hero  (Read 1110 times)

Offline happyg

Never-before-seen footage of slain former Navy SEAL Glen Doherty has been released in an effort to put a face on one of the victims of the deadly Benghazi terror attack. While the White House has recently started accusing its political opponents of focusing on “phony” scandals to distract from the real issues, the video makes it clear that the Benghazi scandal is certainly anything but “phony.”

Benghazi is arguably the biggest scandal facing the Obama administration as four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens, State Department employee Sean Smith and former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods.

It’s been more than 10 months since the deadly attack occurred at the U.S. compound in Libya, yet there are still questions that remain unanswered.

The more time that passes, the easier it is for the victims to just become names of murder victims, Greta Van Susteren explained.

The video of Doherty puts a “face” on one of the Benghazi victims, the host said. The bold headline of the video reads, “Exclusive: Obama, This Benghazi victim is not ‘phony’.”

The video was made by friends of Doherty and is essentially made up of “outtakes” from an 2009 NBC series called “The Wanted.” Doherty provided security and surveillance capabilities as the show chased “war criminals” around the world.

Van Susteren said Doherty’s mother gave the network permission to air the video.

Video at link:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/26/not-a-phony-scandal-never-before-seen-footage-of-former-navy-seal-glen-doherty-puts-a-face-on-slain-benghazi-hero/

Offline flowers

famousdayandyear

O my lord.  What a great guy is Glen Doherty.  The image of a SEAL watching a Norwegian walking a cat in his AO is priceless.  So pleased his family let us witness a glimpse of him as he was.  Can't help but fall in love.

Offline happyg

That video must be a comfort, as well as hurtful, at the same time for the family. I hope I never have to go through that.

famousdayandyear

That video must be a comfort, as well as hurtful, at the same time for the family. I hope I never have to go through that.

You are right.  The hurt never, never leaves.  Can be displaced every now and then with joyous memories is my experience.

Offline Rapunzel

Greta played it on her program Thursday evening... what a wonderful human he was...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776