Author Topic: Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton Join Civil War Album, ‘Divided & United’  (Read 813 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://theboot.com/civil-war-album-divided-and-united/

Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton Join Civil War Album, ‘Divided & United’
By Gayle Thompson July 26, 2013 3:00 PM

Loretta Lynn and Dolly Parton are just a few of the artists who are lending their voices to a brand-new project. ‘Divided & United: Songs of the American Civil War’ is a two-CD set of Civil War songs that will be released this fall.

The project was supervised by music director Randall Poster, whose other credits include ‘Boardwalk Empire,’ ‘Crazy, Stupid, Love’ and ‘Skyfall.’ Poster came up with the idea in 2008 while in Nashville working on the  film production for ‘Country Strong.’ He was joined on the album by award-winning bluegrass musician Bryan Sutton.

‘Divided & United’ includes Lynn’s rendition of the mournful tune, ‘Take Your Guns and Go.’

“I had such a great time recording this song for this album,” Lynn tells Rolling Stone magazine. “I loved the song and [the] sound of that banjo, played by Bryan Sutton, made me feel I was back on the front porch in Kentucky where I came from. Glad to be a part of this record.”

Other artists on the project include Vince Gill, Ralph Stanley, Jamey Johnson, Lee Ann Womack, Steve Earle and Ashley Monroe. ‘Divided & United’ will be out this fall and can be purchased here.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

I have a CD called Songs of the Civil War, which features some of the music from Ken Burns' documentary. Really nice. I look forward to hearing this new collection.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org