Author Topic: Kerry Flubs, Calls Palestinian Authority a 'Country'  (Read 1253 times)

Offline flowers

Kerry Flubs, Calls Palestinian Authority a 'Country'
« on: July 26, 2013, 02:27:42 pm »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/170285#.UfKEKqxtZdg

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry appeared to have flubbed his lines on Thursday, when he referred to areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority as a country, reported AFP.

Speaking at the United Nations ahead of talks with UN chief Ban Ki-moon, Kerry praised the "courageous decision" by Israeli and PA leaders to try to resume direct negotiations.

He then told reporters, "It's my hope that that will be able to happen as procedures are put in place by both countries in order to empower that.”

The final status of the areas controlled by the PA has yet to be determined and no Palestinian state has been established.

State Department deputy spokeswoman Marie Harf assured reporters later that U.S. policy had not changed.

"Our position has not changed not on the status of the Palestinian territory. The secretary was in no way indicating a change of policy," she said, according to AFP.

Later asked about his comment, Kerry replied: "Did I say that?"

Last week, Kerry appeared to have achieved a breakthrough deal to get the two sides to return to the negotiating table after a three-year break.

No date has yet been set, although an Israeli minister said that the talks would begin on Tuesday in Washington.

Reports this week indicated that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu intends to free 82 terrorist prisoners in the course of negotiations with the Palestinian Authority. Most if not all of the terrorists were convicted of murder.

The prisoners are reportedly to be released in four waves, once every two or four months, as the negotiations advance.

It wasn't a flub.   :smokin:

Offline happyg

Offline mountaineer

Re: Kerry Flubs, Calls Palestinian Authority a 'Country'
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 06:43:11 pm »
That certainly is the way this administration views the Palis. Typical: disregard facts, disregard history, just say it ... and it will be so.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 07:03:28 pm »
Definitely no accident. Though

Later asked about his comment, Kerry replied: "Did I say that?"

should scare the crap out of anyone.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline raml

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 07:11:23 pm »
Everything this administration does scares the crap out of me.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 07:42:39 pm »
Everything this administration does scares the crap out of me.
:patriot: