Author Topic: Report: Alex Rodriguez Is Looking To Make Deal; Could Face Lifetime Ban  (Read 1059 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Report: Alex Rodriguez Is Looking To Make Deal; Could Face Lifetime Ban

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – One down. How many to go?

Brewers superstar Ryan Braun was the first victim of Major League Baseball’s investigation into the Biogenesis of America clinic, as the league suspended him on Friday for the remainder of the season without pay.

Now the focus has shifted to Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.

The evidence against the 14-time All-Star is ”far beyond” what the league had against Braun, according to ESPN.com. However, the Yankees don’t expect Rodriguez to be suspended immediately, sources told the website.

ESPN.com is also reporting that, according to sources, Rodriguez could very likely face a suspension similar to Braun’s.

An MLB source told CBS Evening News’ Jim Axelrod, however, that the five-time American League home-run champion could be looking at a lifetime ban.

So will the three-time American League MVP cut a deal with the league?

more at:  http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/23/report-yankees-alex-rodriguez-is-looking-to-make-a-deal-with-mlb/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

There was never a happier day in the Texas Rangers' Clubhouse than the day A-Rod's teammates saw elbows, shoe soles, and bleep of this jerk walking out the door.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

Wow how the mighty have fallen.    :th_10444:

Offline mountaineer

What a bum (along with the other athletes using PEDs and substances they know they shouldn't).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

There was never a happier day in the Texas Rangers' Clubhouse than the day A-Rod's teammates saw elbows, shoe soles, and bleep of this jerk walking out the door.

I saw "42" last night.

It is a film that deals with a young, talented, complex and driven man's often difficult and reluctant struggle against irrational racial prejudice in post-war America, as well as his own flaws and demons. 

I was afraid that the filmmakers would take the easy, politically correct way out, making a hero of Jackie Robinson for the courage to "sacrifice" himself on the alter of Evil, Racist America in the 1940s. But that's not what they did. Not at all.

What they did was to allow the character of Jackie Robinson to triumph. Not because he was black or in any manner related to his skin color, but because he was good. Not merely good, as in talented as a player which he so obviously was, but a decent and honorable man in his heart and mind.  Jackie worked harder than anyone, because he had to. He rarely complained, although he had every right to.

He did not feel entitled, in spite of his talent, but rather privileged to have a chance to play the game he loved, at a level commensurate with his skill.

And because I respect and admire and love everything about Jackie Robinson, as I have since I myself was a child, I view people like Alex Rodriguez as an embarrassment at best; a cheater and a whiner, a stain upon the honor of far greater baseball players who have gone before him.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I saw "42" last night.

It is a film that deals with a young, talented, complex and driven man's often difficult and reluctant struggle against irrational racial prejudice in post-war America, as well as his own flaws and demons. 

I was afraid that the filmmakers would take the easy, politically correct way out, making a hero of Jackie Robinson for the courage to "sacrifice" himself on the alter of Evil, Racist America in the 1940s. But that's not what they did. Not at all.

What they did was to allow the character of Jackie Robinson to triumph. Not because he was black or in any manner related to his skin color, but because he was good. Not merely good, as in talented as a player which he so obviously was, but a decent and honorable man in his heart and mind.  Jackie worked harder than anyone, because he had to. He rarely complained, although he had every right to.

He did not feel entitled, in spite of his talent, but rather privileged to have a chance to play the game he loved, at a level commensurate with his skill.

And because I respect and admire and love everything about Jackie Robinson, as I have since I myself was a child, I view people like Alex Rodriguez as an embarrassment at best; a cheater and a whiner, a stain upon the honor of far greater baseball players who have gone before him.

I agree with you, Andy.

The players that were proven to take PEDs or steroids should have their numbers put in a separate category for all their statistics.

However, put yourself in the player's position....

...At a time in the 90's 'everybody was doing it' was the overall consensus and many ballplayers felt they had to join in, ".......to feed my family!"

When huge amounts of $$$ were thrown at these guys...and they lied right to your face and got away with it?

IOW...you have to give some of these ballplayers some slack.

...so long as their numbers are NOT put up against "the greats" of days gone bye.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 01:21:13 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald