Author Topic: It may not quite be 'super,' but July's full moon is a stunner  (Read 786 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: It may not quite be 'super,' but July's full moon is a stunner
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 10:51:54 PM »
Astrologically speaking, I am a Cancer - but I prefer "Moon Child" as we are also called.  I have always felt an affinity toward the moon and go outside to view it every night that I can see it. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:39:48 PM »
Astrologically speaking, I am a Cancer - but I prefer "Moon Child" as we are also called.  I have always felt an affinity toward the moon and go outside to view it every night that I can see it. 

I'm not surprised by that. My husband was born on June 21st. The Cusp of Gemini and Cancer.  He was very much a Gemini, but I ALWAYS knew when there was a full moon without having to even look outside to confirm it.  He used to deny he was affected by the full moon.. but he was...

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 12:03:35 AM »
I'm not surprised by that. My husband was born on June 21st. The Cusp of Gemini and Cancer.  He was very much a Gemini, but I ALWAYS knew when there was a full moon without having to even look outside to confirm it.  He used to deny he was affected by the full moon.. but he was...

I am too.  It excites me and my dog is the same way.  Extra barking and hard to get him to come inside on full moon nights!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 12:36:28 AM »
I am too.  It excites me and my dog is the same way.  Extra barking and hard to get him to come inside on full moon nights!

Tell me about it.  I'll just get settled down and the dogs go out the doggie door and start barking and refuse to come inside.  More than once I've had to get them in and then shut the doggie door in order to get some sleep.  Right now it's hot and muggy - we had rain most the weekend - and they are not wanting to go out.  I had to put baby diapers on Lady...  here you have water dogs and they all hate the rain! 

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 01:03:44 AM »
Yep, I was shocked tonight when my male dog came in with no coaxing.  He hates rain too though, and he always seems to know when we'll be getting some.  There are scattered thunderstorms predicted & I think that's why he's inside.  He's better than a meteorologist - he knows!

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 01:39:12 AM »
If you ladies don't mind I would like to move this discussion away from talk about astrology and focus it more on scientific astronomical principles.

To wit: dang, that moon tonight shore is purty.

Thank you.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf