Author Topic: ‘Stupid,’ ‘Immoral,’ ‘Dangerous,’ ‘Coward’: My Month With a Gun  (Read 1228 times)

Offline xfreeper

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/07/22/stupid-immoral-dangerous-coward-my-month-with-a-gun.html

One woman set out to see what it’s like to be the ‘good guy with a gun’—and gun owners responded furiously to her.

I first got involved with gun violence prevention after the 1999 massacre at my high school, Columbine, which claimed the life of my former basketball coach Dave Sanders, along with 12 students. At his memorial service, the grief on the faces of my old teachers was horrible to see. A year later I went to the Million Mom March in Washington, D.C., and eventually became a board member of the Brady Campaign to Reduce Gun Violence.

(more at Link)

Offline xfreeper

I actually agree with her. It's best if stupid and neurotic people don't have firearms

Offline GourmetDan

I actually agree with her. It's best if stupid and neurotic people don't have firearms

Don't like guns, don't carry one...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Rapunzel

Don't like guns, don't carry one...

Same here.

My first husband decided we needed a gun. He was gone a lot each week as he was going to college in the LA area and we lived in Orange County...  anyway, the gun was in the headboard of the bed.  Only problem is I act things out in my sleep (it seems) especially if something is weighing on me.... and the gun really disturbed me... so I have this dream that I am learning to fire the gun.. I cock it and fire... only problem.. not a dream. I blew a hole in the bedroom wall. Scared the heck out of me (of course I woke up)......  never wanted anything to do with them before and definitely not after.  My recently deceased husband was on the Navy Rifle Team and a master shot.  He had guns. I never, ever, ever, ever went near the guns... gave them to a friend when he died.  I do have his rifle in a closet, have no idea how to load it or use it...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I've got a Concealed Carry Permit.  If I ever pull a gun on anyone - I have every intention of killing them.  I have great reverence for what a gun can do & don't take it lightly.  I feel safer knowing that I have the ability to protect myself with a gun, if need be. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

:amen:

I'd also expect her to have a heap of explaining to do to Child Services.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink