Author Topic: A380 first landing at SFO  (Read 961 times)

Offline Rapunzel

A380 first landing at SFO
« on: July 22, 2013, 03:03:35 am »

I may have sent this before, but just in case.  Shows what the Korean pilots were not seeing before they pranged.

You can see when the captain disengages the auto throttles.  (The Koreans apparently never fully engaged theirs)

Go to full screen.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Landing an airliner at SFO.  NOTICE HOW HIGH ABOVE THE ROCK JETTY HE IS COMPARED TO THE ONE THAT CRASHED ON RWY 28L!!

This is pretty interesting to watch.

The pilots sit away from everything, no yoke, etc.  Captain pulls up a keyboard once in a while to enter info but the plane does most of the work.....

The humongous A380 makes its first landing at San Francisco airport.  It seems extensively automated.  The air traffic controller gives them heading, altitude and speed, and they dial it in.  Pretty interesting.

For best results go "full screen" on your monitor. It will seem like you are in the cockpit.

Pilot's View: Airbus A380 approach and landing at San Francisco. [VIDEO]

http://www.wimp.com/approachlanding/
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: A380 first landing at SFO
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:04:25 am »
A pilot friend sent this to me.  It's awesome video to watch, feels like you are right there in the cockpit.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: A380 first landing at SFO
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 01:08:42 am »
A pilot friend sent this to me.  It's awesome video to watch, feels like you are right there in the cockpit.

A co-workers husband worked on the Boeing Flight Simulators who one day invited us to fly the 757 simulator, taking turns. What an amazing experience. It could not have felt more reel. I did a nice landing at Boeing Field after turning around over lake Washington and the city of Seattle.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn