Author Topic: Journalist calls out his newspaper's coverage of IRS scandals  (Read 656 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Senator Barbara Boxer's Own Experts Contradict Obama On Global Warming

July 21, 2013
Journalist calls out his newspaper's coverage of IRS scandals
Thomas Lifson

We live in a time of extraordinary media corruption when testimony late last week tying a presidential political appointee to the IRS' suppression of the president's political opposition was widely ignored, except for Fox News and the conservative talk radio and internet ghetto. But at least one brave journalist in the MSM is speaking up about the disgraceful suppression of an important story of political corruption of the highest order.

Mike Hashimoto, an editorial writer of the Dallas News, is bothered by this media corruption.  He posted a blog Friday, calling out his employer and AP:

I have to admit, I'm stumped. Either something fairly important happened yesterday in Washington, or as readers of The Dallas Morning News might say, "I have no idea what you mean."

He lays out what happened, linking to a Fox News account and citing Peggy Noonan's excellent explanation of the importance of testimony by Carter Hull, retired 48 year veteran of the IRS, who fingered the chief counsel, William Wilkins. Wilkins is one of two presidential appointees at the IRS, the other being the commissioner. He serves at the pleasure of the president, and is emphatically not a career staff member, contrary to initial lies given by the Obama administration.

Hashimoto looks at his own paper's coverage and concludes:

We had a story on the hearing that included not a single mention of Carter Hull or William Wilkins, the IRS chief counsel appointed by that guy in the White House. (Honestly, I can't even find our print story on our website, but it was a slightly shorter version of this Associated Press dispatch.)

Like I said, I'm stumped. It's as if our story (the AP version) exists in a parallel universe from what would seem to be the bigger news.

Perhaps this will sort itself out over the weekend. Or maybe this whole IRS thing never happened.

We have to relentlessly target and personalize this media scandal. A fundamental responsibility to report on corruption is being shirked by most of the media. If community organizers funded by foundations were available on the right, there would be demonstrations in front of the New York Times, NBC, the WaPo and other media disgraces. Staff members would be hounded in public to either support of denounce their employers' suppression of a major story.

An information war is underway. Our side lacks the financial and organizational muscle the Gramsci-inspired left has built up. But one thing we do have on our side is truth.

Hats off to Mike Hashimoto. Now are there any honest journalists at the WaPo, NYT or NBC?

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Journalist calls out his newspaper's coverage of IRS scandals
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 06:59:08 am »
Mike Hashimoto your fired.