Author Topic: Ray Donovan - Showtime Series ...caution [spoilers ]  (Read 14978 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Ray Donovan - Showtime Series
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 03:34:07 am »

I guess you could say I was a hippie in the seventies.  We had some fun times and some scary times.  A lot of our friends didn't make it.  Drug overdoses, motorcycle accidents, suicides, a murder, divorces (children scarred for life), lost jobs and time spent in prison.  My husband & I came out of it relatively unscathed.  I feel lucky to be here.

I was very straight arrow, my parents would have killed me if I'd done drugs.  My best friend in HS was actually pretty wild and here parents, who were wealthy, used to take me on all their vacations and on weekend trips on their yacht over to Catalina Island because I kept her out of trouble... then one time she got caught at school in a drug bust (they checked lockers) and the school forced her to tell her dad (her mom had a heart issue) and she begged me to go with her to tell him... I still remember he wasn't shocked at her, but he looked at me and asked if I had done it too........ I said "absolutely not, my parents would kill me if I did something like this!!!"  later I thought how strange to tell her dad how strict my parents were, but  :shrug:

I didn't drink (still don't) because my grandfather was an alcoholic and that left a huge impression on me.. but when I started dating my husband we would smoke pot.. we had a friend who lived up on the coast above San Francisco and we'd go up there with another friend for Thanksgiving.... the munchies are a real thing ~LOL~ 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 03:34:49 am »
Breaking Bad is in AMC right now as a matter of fact.... looks like a marathon.  There is also another series they are advertising which looks interesting Hell on Wheels, anyone see it yet?

I will NOT watch anything on AMC.

Will not take 3 hours to watch an 80 minute flick.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 03:48:14 am »
.... the munchies are a real thing ~LOL~

:silly:  Yes, they are! 

I did experiment a lot, but I never liked the pills or hard stuff.  Pot was something I really liked, kind of took the "rough edges" off things & to this day - I would rather see someone high on pot than drunk on alcohol.  There were some years that I actually had a drinking problem...totaled some cars (nice cars - two metallic chocolate brown Trans Ams)   8888crybaby -  lucky I wasn't killed - or killed someone else.  Finally, I got arrested for drunk driving and spent the night in jail.  That was the awakening for me and luckily I cleaned my life up after that.  I'm sure I wouldn't be alive now if I hadn't. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 03:48:18 am »
I will NOT watch anything on AMC.

Will not take 3 hours to watch an 80 minute flick.

Remember when AMC was commercial-free?
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 04:58:34 am »
Rap....I know your POV on the casting of Ray's wife....being too homely, etc..

But I must ask again....now that you see what and whom she's dealing with...she's purrrfect! 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0539155/?ref_=tt_cl_t2
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 04:59:29 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2013, 05:24:47 am »
Rap....I know your POV on the casting of Ray's wife....being too homely, etc..

But I must ask again....now that you see what and whom she's dealing with...she's purrrfect! 

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0539155/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

~LOL~ I don't know, DC... he is awfully cute...   

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 05:30:19 am »
I thinks she cleans up great....and she's got a very nice figure.  Nice legs...looks great in heels.

And anytime the actor/actress makes me forget I'm watching a production....they're the reason.   And she does constantly.   :laugh:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 05:41:44 am »
I thinks she cleans up great....and she's got a very nice figure.  Nice legs...looks great in heels.

And anytime the actor/actress makes me forget I'm watching a production....they're the reason.   And she does constantly.   :laugh:

She has a nice body  - agreed. Guess you could put a bag over her face.  :beer:

Okay, how the heck do I get Showtime on Demand.. Looks like I can get HBO and STARZ on Demand on my DISH, but there isn't a listing for Showtime.... 

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 05:45:11 am »
She has a nice body  - agreed. Guess you could put a bag over her face.  :beer:

Okay, how the heck do I get Showtime on Demand.. Looks like I can get HBO and STARZ on Demand on my DISH, but there isn't a listing for Showtime....

Hmmm...glad I manually set my box to record the entire series.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 05:55:58 am »
Hmmm...glad I manually set my box to record the entire series.

It's coming on again at 1 a.m., I just set the DVR.. I kept missing last weeks show... so will let you know tomorrow my impression of this week.

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 10:57:16 am »
It's coming on again at 1 a.m., I just set the DVR.. I kept missing last weeks show... so will let you know tomorrow my impression of this week.

I thought last week's show (Aug 6) was the best yet.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 01:56:13 pm »
I thought last week's show (Aug 6) was the best yet.

Totally agree with you.

I love at the end...given how clouded and confused Ezra was because of the brain tumor....after surgery and the event with Mickey at Bunchy's house....when Ray tells him that Mickey is talking to the FBI in the dark hospital room, Ezra simply sighs and says, "You know we have to kill him!"

Ezra is so lovable isn't he?   LOL!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 01:57:43 pm »

Almost tempted to have a "live" thread on the show next week....but it seems not too many of us get SHOWTIME.    :pondering:

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

Almost tempted to have a "live" thread on the show next week....but it seems not too many of us get SHOWTIME.    :pondering:

I usually catch it on Mondays ON DEMAND.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2013, 06:55:07 pm »
I set it to record last night and boxing was on followed by Andrew Dice Clay... no Ray Donovan... re-run supposed to be on this afternoon...

I still can't figure how to get Showtime on Demand.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2013, 09:02:36 pm »
On Verizon....MENU...VIDEO ON DEMAND...FREE AND PREMIUM...Ray Donovan is up at the top.   :patriot:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013, 03:04:18 am »
Watched the last episode (finally) this afternoon.. that was quite an epi for sure...

I still think wifey is homely.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2013, 03:08:06 am »
BTW AMC has the Hell on Wheels marathon all day today, interesting series.  All about the railroad in teh 1800's

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2013, 12:03:43 am »
I usually catch it on Mondays ON DEMAND.

Haven't been able to find this week's episode....was it preempted?

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2013, 02:34:38 am »
Haven't been able to find this week's episode....was it preempted?

I don't think they ran either Dexter or Ray Donovan this week.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2013, 02:57:14 am »
I don't think they ran either Dexter or Ray Donovan this week.

Thanks.    :patriot:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2013, 05:59:30 am »
It was a re-run of last week's Ray Donovan.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2013, 01:48:41 pm »

It was another "WOW" episode last evening.

Thought that "Bunchy" was hallucinating due to his alcohol abuse....in confusing which priest had abused him as a young boy.   This was because "Mickey" had shot a priest dead as soon as he was released from prison.

The climax of the episode had to be when Ray's wife took it upon herself to go to the gym despite being ordered to remain in the house.

Once she saw with her own eyes what was going on.....she looks at Ray and says...."I'll be waiting for you when you get home!"   

AND LEAVES!!!

As a Catholic and former altar boy who never saw anything going on firsthand....it was hard for me to not think this was piling on the Catholic religion...the subject of priest abusing young boys.   But it did fit in the plot.

Now I'm wondering what they're going to do with Terry''s girlfriend.

"They took him to the hospital?"

"Yes, they took him to the hospital".

".....which hospital?"

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2013, 06:58:09 pm »
WOW!   Again!

While I was not a fan about the weight given to the priest pedophilia, it did serve as the central issue.

It wrecked three boys of their innocence.  Hmmm...today, is that even the proper word.

The conversation between Mickey and Ray at the fight club was award-winning.   They'll show that clip when statues are handed out.

All in all, a very emotional episode.   Not just for fans of Ray Donovan....but fans of life itself!   

:howlin: :howlin: :howlin:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2013, 07:22:34 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9jKWx6VG80

A little insight into the main character....with no spoilers.