Author Topic: Michael Savage just won't give up on "Zimmerman is Guilty" stance.  (Read 2683 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

And Conservatives listen to this guy?

I rarely tune in to Michael Savage because he is such an egomaniac blowhard, but for the amusement I did listen a little this week. He just won’t back down from his Zimmerman is Guilty stand.  And backing up his argument in the most insane manner last night  he said,  "Zimmerman is guilty of a lesser crime, but the trouble was he was not charged with  a lesser crime, and that crime is having a loaded gun, and  that the gun was cocked and he was out looking for trouble".   He got crazier when he went on to say “neighborhood watchers should not be allowed to carry loaded guns, but instead stun guns or paper spray”. 

You know this got me to thinking. Have you ever seen  Al Sharpton and Michael Savage in the same place?    They sure sound like the same person sometimes. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online andy58-in-nh

Re: Michael Savage just won't give up on "Zimmerman is Guilty" stance.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 07:15:54 pm »
Just a guess, but I imagine that living in San Francisco might eventually result in the adoption of some ubiquitous local attitudes: approval of all homosexual lifestyle "choices", no matter how publicly displayed or self-destructive, a preference for anything promoted as being "green" or ecologically-friendly, a reflexive hostility toward firearms and a smugly superior attitude toward those who choose to carry them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 09:44:34 pm »
There are those who suspect that Michael Savage is a fictional character, and that Michael Weiner is only playing a part as a caricature of a right-wing pundit "Michael Savage." In real life, according to these people, Weiner is a hard-core liberal from the Berkeley school of thought.

It could very well be that as he gets older (he is over 70 years old now if my recollection serves me right), he is letting his natural liberal tendencies slip in here and there, and this is one example of that.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 10:14:05 pm »
There are those who suspect that Michael Savage is a fictional character, and that Michael Weiner is only playing a part as a caricature of a right-wing pundit "Michael Savage." In real life, according to these people, Weiner is a hard-core liberal from the Berkeley school of thought.

It could very well be that as he gets older (he is over 70 years old now if my recollection serves me right), he is letting his natural liberal tendencies slip in here and there, and this is one example of that.

He supported Jerry Brown........ anyone supporting Jerry Brown is no conservative,
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:07 pm »

I'm one of those. He is only 'playing' a Conservative commentator because that is what pays more and he plays a parody of a conservative on every issue, screaming the radical versions of issues to make principled Conservatives look like nuts. Follow the money. He gives to liberals, not Conservatives. He tries to undermine Conservatives at every step. Before he was a radio host, he was a big pimp of multi-level scams like selling vitamins through pyramid schemes- something most Conservatives are smart enough to avoid.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:17:41 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 10:37:13 pm »
For a person like Savage....that's no act.    For him, it would be physically as well as mentally exhausting to carry off a fake persona.

It's real, folks.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 12:03:26 am »
For a person like Savage....that's no act.    For him, it would be physically as well as mentally exhausting to carry off a fake persona.

It's real, folks.

Act or no act too many people who think themselves to be conservative are sucked into his program like a cult. My neighbor for one. Up until this last year when I took over he has been the Republican PCO going back a couple of decades. That "conservative" trust no other talk show host but Savage, and he keeps sending out  Savage links to a huge e-mail list, which I happen to be on. I must have seen a hundred anti-Romney e-mails in my inbox from him and linked to Savage. Of course I delete everyone without reading.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 12:24:17 am »

It's real, folks.
Toward the end of his run on the last network, he had cut himself way back, running best-ofs and taped interviews (many of them apolitical) as often as he could. Even his new show is only on for two hours in most of his markets, as opposed to three-- and even four-- in his heyday. (He allegedly has a third hour, but very few stations carry it. In fact, Cumulus carries John Batchelor's always-good newsmagazine overtop Savage's last hour.)

He is wearing down, and his work schedule shows it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 12:53:24 am »
I can still remember when he called for the impeachment of George W. Bush screaming into the microphone in a lunatic rage.    A few weeks later the next time I turn him on he was saying Bush was the best President in his life time if not the best President ever. Does a swing like that sound like he is a prime candidate  for a doctors couch?

Offline evadR

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 03:15:10 am »
I can still remember when he called for the impeachment of George W. Bush screaming into the microphone in a lunatic rage.    A few weeks later the next time I turn him on he was saying Bush was the best President in his life time if not the best President ever. Does a swing like that sound like he is a prime candidate  for a doctors couch?
At the very least, delusional.
More likely, psychotic. 
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 04:25:02 am »
At the very least, delusional.
More likely, psychotic.

Not if he was praising him while comparing him to Obama.  You have to get the context of the remarks here, IMO.

Everybody knows he despises Obama.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 05:43:59 pm »
I used to listened to Savage and I never liked his show..

It was about the following:

1. His crying and moaning that he was banned from entering the UK.
2. All he had was people who agreed with him... No one questioned him..
3. He called Rush and Sean names...
4. His favorite food.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 08:49:33 pm »
Sounds like Free Republic.   :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 09:04:36 pm »

Ha. I never heard that one. Very fascinating.....and funny. I can see where it could be true.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2013, 09:09:10 pm »
and that crime is having a loaded gun, and  that the gun was cocked and he was out looking for trouble

He had a CCW permit. Who would carry a firearm that wasn't loaded? Cocked? What is he talking about? Looking for trouble? That's not what the jury thought.

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 05:08:31 pm »
I used to listen to him some years ago.  I don't anymore and it sounds like that is a good thing.  :th_10444:

Offline evadR

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 01:41:39 am »
and that crime is having a loaded gun, and  that the gun was cocked and he was out looking for trouble

He had a CCW permit. Who would carry a firearm that wasn't loaded? Cocked? What is he talking about? Looking for trouble? That's not what the jury thought.
Sounds like a line from True Grit.
"If it ain't loaded and cocked, it won't shoot."
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 10:09:25 am »
The Zimmerman case simply proves the old journalist saw about "Man bites dog!" being news.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.