Author Topic: CNN: The Embodiment of Low Information  (Read 732 times)

Offline Rapunzel

CNN: The Embodiment of Low Information
« on: July 16, 2013, 09:07:32 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/07/16/cnn_the_embodiment_of_low_information

CNN: The Embodiment of Low Information
July 16, 2013

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Well, was that an education last night or what?  I need to know: Ladies and gentlemen, is it still permissible to speak English in this country without being accused of racism? Is it possible to speak English without being told you're making fun of people?  Ho-lee! The embodiment of low information.  I mean, it was on display all over cable news last night, no matter where you went.

And, of course, we're here to synthesize it for you, synthesize it down to the bare elements, the bare essentials. It's great to have you with us.  Okay, so the juror, B37, spoke on CNN.  The lovely and gracious Rachel Jeantel appeared on CNN with Piers Morgan, and she said something last night.  I fully expected to show up here at 12 noon being the last guy in on it. I mean, she said something last night that I thought would have been the number one thing people focused on in her interview last night.

I thought by the time this show started, the discussion on that would have been maxed out.  And it turns out that nobody's talking about it.  It turns out, ladies and gentlemen, that it's once again left to me, El Rushbo, to take you there. The left has a real challenge on their hands here, if this gets... (sigh) If this happens to escape the boundaries of the Piers Morgan show last night -- which I fully intend for that to happen here in just in a minute -- the left is gonna have a decision to make.

So we'll get there in due course.  We have one sound bite from juror B37, and that will take us to Rachel Jeantel, who appeared last night with Piers Morgan.  So what happens here: On Piers Morgan Tonight, he interviews Trayvon Martin's friend Rachel Jeantel and during the interview Piers Morgan, he played a clip from Anderson Cooper's interview earlier of juror B37 reacting to Jeantel's testimony.

I should say that the civil rights activists and many of the commentators on CNN this morning have been wringing their hands in resignation, asking themselves, "Where was this Rachel during the trial?"  They were so impressed with Rachel last night on CNN that they were wondering why this Rachel didn't show up on the stand.  They're lamenting the loss.  They are lamenting how it might have been different if the Rachel of last night on Piers Morgan had appeared on the stand.

They conclude that it was because the prosecution did a lousy job of bringing the real Rachel out of her shell.  But last night we got the real Rachel.  What do you think CNN paid for that interview? (interruption) What do you mean, "You're not supposed to pay"?  You know that they do.  You know people pay.  I mean, everybody wanted Rachel.  What do you think it cost? (interruption)  Let's not even go there, folks.

Let's just go to the audio sound bites, shall we?  (interruption) That's my guess.  That's what I think it cost.  I just told Snerdley and the gang in there what I think it cost CNN.  (interruption) No, no, no, no, no.  McNuggets wouldn't be enough.  No, no, no, no.  No, no, no.  So we have a juror, B37. Piers Morgan was playing a sound bite of the juror earlier on CNN, for Rachel Jeantel, because the juror is reacting to Rachel Jeantel, and Piers Morgan gets Jeantel's reaction to it.  So here we go...

JUROR B37:  A lot of times she was using phrases I have never heard before and what they meant. (sic)

COOPER:  When she used the phrase "creepy ass cracker," what did you think of that?

JUROR B37:  I thought it was probably the truth.  I think Trayvon probably said that.

COOPER:  And did you see that as a -- a negative statement or a racial statement, as the defense suggested?

JUROR B37:  I don't think it's really racial.  I think it's just everyday life, the type of life that they live and how they're living, and the environment that they're living in.

MORGAN:  What's your reaction to that?

JEANTEL:  Well, the jury, they see their fact.  None offense to the jury, they old.  That's old school people.  We in the new school, our generation, my generation.

RUSH:  God help us.  Ahem.  God help us.  So Rachel says, "Well, the jury, they see their fact.  None offense to the jury, they old.  That's old school people.  We in the new school, our generation, my generation."  Now, all day today CNN has had their pseudo-intellectual analysts and guests on commenting on this and other comments. They are impressed as they can be with Rachel.  This Rachel.  They wish this Rachel had shown up on the trial. (interruption)

The "they old" Rachel, that's right. "Well, the jury, they see their fact.  None offense to the jury, they old.  That's old school people.  We in the new school, our generation, my generation." They wish that Rachel had shown up because the Rachel last night's brilliant; the Rachel last night is a genius. (interruption) Well, I don't know. I don't know what the difference is.  You just listen here and maybe hear the difference.  So now after Rachel has explained her reactions to the juror, B37, Piers Morgan said, "Okay, let's talk about..."

Now, this is CNN.

This used to be the nation's leading cable news network.

This used to be the only cable news network.

This used to be a highly respected, cut-above news organization.  CNN used to have, within the realm of the business that they are in, a really great reputation.  Now, they've always been liberally biased like everybody else in the media is. But they nevertheless had a tremendous reputation, until they were faced with competition, and then it began to fade. But last night, Piers Morgan said to Rachel Jeantel, "Let's talk about 'creepy ass cracker.'  People have said that that is a phrase used by black people, 'cracker,' to describe a white person.  Is that true?"

JEANTEL.  No! Like I said --

MORGAN:  How do you spell it, first of all?

JEANTEL:  Cracka. Uh, well, you could --

MORGAN:  There's no e-r, right?  It's --

JEANTEL:  No, it's a A at the end.

MORGAN:  C-r-a-c-k-a?

JEANTEL:  Yeah! And tha's a person who act like they're a police, who like, uhhh, security guard who actin' like... That's what I said to them, "Trayvon said, 'Creepy ass cracka.'"

RUSH:  So last night on CNN, we were blessed with a definition of the term "creepy ass cracka." (interruption) Well, that's the point learned: You don't spell "cracka" with an e-r in this usage. It's "cracka," kind of like "gangsta," versus "gangster."  "Cracker," that's old school.  "Cracka," new school, new generation. "Cracka."  "Creepy ass cracka."  That's new school. That's new generation.  "Creepy ass cracker," that's embarrassing.  That just sounds too... That's just not cool. You don't do that.

Okay, so now we've learned here on CNN, that "creepy ass cracka" is "a person who act like they're a police, who like, uhhh, security guard who actin' like... That's what I said to them, 'Trayvon said, "Creepy ass cracka."'" So from this -- thank you to CNN -- we have learned that Trayvon Martin called Rachel Jeantel and said, "I'm being pursued by this creepy..." Folks, stick with me on this.

Stick with me!  Keep your eyes on the radio. CNN informs us via Rachel Jeantel that Trayvon called Rachel and said that he was being followed by a "creepy ass cracka," which we have now learned is "a person who act like they're a police, who like, uhhh, security guard..." So then, Piers Morgan, the ever penetrating inquisitor, said, "So was there anything you wished you'd said when you were in there?" meaning as a witness on the stand.

JEANTEL:  bleep!

MORGAN:  Why?

JEANTEL:  People... The whole world say it's a racist word.  My... My you... Around 2000, that was not... They change it around, I think.  It start spelling it n-i-g-g-a. bleep!

MORGAN:  What does that mean to you, that way of spelling it? What does that word mean to you?

JEANTEL:  That mean a male.

MORGAN:  A black male?

JEANTEL:  No! Any kind of male.

MORGAN:  Black or white?

JEANTEL:  Any kind. Chinese could say, "bleep!"  "That's my chino bleep."  They can say that.

RUSH:  This was between nine and ten p.m. last night on CNN, who are in a quest to become the, again, most respected news organization in the country, perhaps even the world.  So "bleep" with an A on the end... (interruption) Well, I think I can now.  Isn't that the point?  'Cause it's not racist.  That's the point.  I could be talking about "a male."  I could be talking about a Chinese male, a guy at the Laundromat.  You could be talking about a man.

That's what she said it means.  (interruption) Hey, new school! New school.  (interruption) She IS the authority! This is the point, Snerdley: She is the authority.  She was on CNN last night.  She was presented as the authority, and the CNN commentators all day today have been wondering why this brilliant woman didn't show up and say these things on the stand.  They're deeply troubled that they didn't get this Rachel in the trial.

This Rachel, as far as CNN's analysts are concerned, would have made the difference in the verdict.  You know what else they're all upset about?  This juror, B37 -- in a separate interview with Anderson Cooper -- said that race never came up in the deliberations.  And I have to tell you: They are livid.  The civil rights coalition in this country, the media, the Democrats, they are just livid. Every leftist in this country is livid that the subject, the topic of race wasn't even mentioned in deliberations.

They are outraged. They are beside themselves.  Now, folks, hang in there. Hang in there; be tough.  There is one more. And this, to me, is what I expected to be hearing. When this was said last night, I thought, "That's it. This is all anybody is going to be talking about, and by the time 12 noon comes, it'll have been all talked out."  It turns out nobody's talking about this, and this is the whole thing right here.

This is it!  Piers Morgan says to Rachel Jeantel, "But you felt that there was no doubt in your mind from what Trayvon was telling you on the phone about the 'creepy ass cracka' and so on, that he absolutely believed that George Zimmerman, this man -- you didn't know who he was at the time, but this man -- was pursuing him?  And he was freaked out by it?"

JEANTEL:  Yes.  Definitely. After I say, "Might be a rapist."  For every boys or every man, every who's not that kinda way, see a grown man following them, would they be creep out?  So you gotta take as a parent. You tell a child, "You see a grown person follow it you, run away," and all that.

RUSH:  Do you understand, ladies and gentlemen, what she just said?  Let me spell it out for you.  When Trayvon described Zimmerman to her, "creepy ass cracka," she began to fear that Zimmerman was gay.  A rapist.  She then told Trayvon to run, run, run.  She just said so.  "Definitely. After I say, 'Might be a rapist.'" That means she said to Trayvon: This guy could be gay.  He could be a rapist.  He might want to rape you! You run, Trayvon. Run, run!

"For every boys, or every man, every who's not that kinda way," meaning everybody who's straight, "see a grown man following them, would they be creep out?"  She's telling us the reason Trayvon Martin descended on Zimmerman and started pummeling him was because he was offended. He thought, because what she said to him, that Zimmerman was gay. Zimmerman got beat up because Trayvon thought he was gay.  That's what she's saying here.  What else?  What other interpretation is there?

So I thought, "Well, boy. The left is gonna have a real problem here.  They're gonna have to balance: Which group are they going to favor, gays or blacks?"  Because here you had Zimmerman was assumed to be gay.  This woman told Trayvon, "Run, dude! You got a creepy ass cracka rapist following you.  Run, run, run.  Anybody be creep out by that."  Trayvon's not a kind of guy that runs, but Trayvon was mad. Some creepy ass cracka rapist was coming after him.

"Okay, I'll give him what-for!"

So we have Trayvon Martin, who the media has made practically an angel. We now find out from no less than Rachel Jeantel, that he started beating up on Zimmerman because he thought, based on what Jeantel said, he might be gay.  So, Trayvon Martin -- this angel, the recipient of all the love and support from the left-wing media, the Democrat Party, the left in general -- actually is a gay basher.  I thought, "My gosh, this is gonna captivate the news and the left is gonna have to make a decision here.  Who do they actually end up supporting?"

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  So, ladies and gentlemen, based on of age, the sweet, funny, engaging person on CNN last night, George Zimmerman wasn't a racist.  He was a homosexual predator.  She said it.  She essentially said she warned Trayvon to "run, run, run;" that he "be creep out" by this.  She also said: Gay men go after children.  She said people need to understand he didn't want that "creepy ass cracka" going to his father or his girlfriend's house to go get -- Mind you his little brother is there." Trayvon didn't want this "creepy ass cracka" following him home to where his little brother is.

This isn't about race, folks.

This was not at all about race.

END TRANSCRIPT
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776