Author Topic: Netanyahu: Iran Will Hit Red Line in 'Weeks'  (Read 1322 times)

Offline flowers

Netanyahu: Iran Will Hit Red Line in 'Weeks'
« on: July 15, 2013, 04:07:42 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/07/15/Netanyahu-Iran-Will-Hit-Red-Line-in-Weeks

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told CBS News' Face the Nation that Iran will reach the "red line" he laid down at the United Nations in Sep. 2012--90% uranium enrichment--within "a few weeks," and that Israel will be prepared to act. "I won't wait until it's too late," he told CBS News' Bob Schieffer.

Netanyahu spoke as news of an Israeli submarine strike on Russian Y-800 anti-ship missiles in Syria was reported--the fulfillment of an ultimatum Israel had issued earlier, indicating that it would attack weapons shipments that allowed hostile nations to pose a threat to Israel's self-defense capability.

Also in the background was a renewed effort by the Obama administration to seek direct talks with Iran over its nuclear program with newly-elected president Hasan Rouhani. Rouhani has frequently been described in the western media as a "moderate," though his background is that of a hard-line conservative.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Netanyahu: Iran Will Hit Red Line in 'Weeks'
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 02:56:48 am »
I am unshakably on the side of the Israelis vs. Iran, but something troubles me.

If they are going to strike at Iran, why have they waited, and waited, and waited, and ...
.... until "the point of no return" is so close at hand?

Why didn't they attack earlier?

Israel's capabilities for such an attack were almost certainly as good 5 years ago, as they are today. And if they had attacked in the interim between the November 2008 elections and Obama's inauguration, the outgoing Bush administration would have done nothing to stop them, and perhaps would have aided them.

Obama will not "help" Israel in its struggle against Islam. If anything, he will side with Islam. I'm sure Netanyahu (and the rest of Israel that is realistic and conservative) realizes this. So... why did they wait?

I believe it's because of "Jewish guilt". The Israelis are quite proactive about _defending_ the Jewish homeland, per se, but I believe there's something in the Jewish mindset (post-holocaust) that "stays their hands" where it comes to acting offensively. By "acting offensively" I mean military action taken outside Israel, as distinguished from defensive actions taken adjacent to Israel's immediate borders. They are reluctant to blindly kill Islamics en masse far away from their own turf. The act of doing so must seem as palatable to them as the genocide of the Nazis in World War II.

Something has held them back, something ephemeral.
Again, "Jewish guilt".

Since the 1940's, the cry has been, "Never again!"
If they don't act soon, those words will forever ring hollow.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:58:06 am by Fishrrman »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 07:35:45 am »
I am unshakably on the side of the Israelis vs. Iran, but something troubles me.

If they are going to strike at Iran, why have they waited, and waited, and waited, and ...

Israel's capabilities for such an attack were almost certainly as good 5 years ago, as they are today. And if they had attacked in the interim between the November 2008 elections and Obama's inauguration, the outgoing Bush administration would have done nothing to stop them, and perhaps would have aided them.

Obama will not "help" Israel in its struggle against Islam. If anything, he will side with Islam. I'm sure Netanyahu (and the rest of Israel that is realistic and conservative) realizes this. So... why did they wait?

I believe it's because of "Jewish guilt". The Israelis are quite proactive about _defending_ the Jewish homeland, per se, but I believe there's something in the Jewish mindset (post-holocaust) that "stays their hands" where it comes to acting offensively. By "acting offensively" I mean military action taken outside Israel, as distinguished from defensive actions taken adjacent to Israel's immediate borders. They are reluctant to blindly kill Islamics en masse far away from their own turf. The act of doing so must seem as palatable to them as the genocide of the Nazis in World War II.

Again, "Jewish guilt".

One word.

Aid.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 03:48:43 pm »

Again, "Jewish guilt".

Because the Israelis have to play a game of chicken with the rest of the world and must allow a sworn enemy like Iran to get as close as possible to a strike against Israel before Israel can act in self-defense.  The point to which Israel must wait has also been moved closer and closer to a potentially lethal strike from an enemy like Iran because of world opinion that has been carefully crafted and nurtured by the Israel haters on the left, including a lot of US democrat party members like Barack Obama.  Israel was able to get away with bombing Iraq's nuclear reactors before they had made any significant amounts of weaponized uranium/plutonium; they wouldn't be allowed to do that today.  Instead, they would have been forced to wait until Iraq had at least one functional nuclear gadget and the missiles needed to carry it to Israel, and have been in the process of loading that weapon onto one of those missiles.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:31:00 pm »
.... The point to which Israel must wait has also been moved closer and closer to a potentially lethal strike from an enemy like Iran because of world opinion that has been carefully crafted and nurtured by the Israel haters on the left, including a lot of US democrat party members like Barack Obama.

Israel was able to get away with bombing Iraq's nuclear reactors before they had made any significant amounts of weaponized uranium/plutonium; they wouldn't be allowed to do that today.

Instead, they would have been forced to wait until Iraq had at least one functional nuclear gadget and the missiles needed to carry it to Israel, and have been in the process of loading that weapon onto one of those missiles.

:thumbsup:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 07:38:25 pm »
In weeks?  Well, too bad. Obama will be busy with the crucial work of acquiring justice for Trayvon by persecuting George Zimmerman, so sorry, no one will be around to take that 3 AM phone call.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline ladybug

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 07:59:15 pm »
Bibi MUST do the right thing...and SOON!!.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 01:44:29 am »
"Israel was able to get away with bombing Iraq's nuclear reactors before they had made any significant amounts of weaponized uranium/plutonium; they wouldn't be allowed to do that today."

I can accept your comments as plausible and grimly realistic.

Only time will tell whether your explanation, or the one I expressed above, is the accurate one...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 01:44:56 am by Fishrrman »