Author Topic: ‘Glee’ Goes Glam: Adam Lambert Joins the Cast  (Read 1297 times)

Offline flowers

‘Glee’ Goes Glam: Adam Lambert Joins the Cast
« on: July 14, 2013, 03:32:58 pm »
http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/glee-goes-glam-adam-lambert-joins-cast-023856316.html

Well, this has got to be the best thing that's happened to "Glee" since the original cast covered "Don't Stop Believin'" in Season 1. Or, since, ever.

Adam Lambert has joined the Fox show for Season 5, according to a tweet by the series' creator, Ryan Murphy, that was instantly and enthusiastically RT'd by thousands of fans (and Mr. Glambert himself) on Wednesday night.

Rumors and/or hopes of Adam appearing on "Glee" have circulated practically since he was still on the Fox network, competing on "American Idol." Even "Glee's" star diva, Lea Michele, expressed excitement about the prospect. Way, way back in 2009, shortly after Adam's "Idol" season, the girl known as Rachel Berry raved to Yahoo!:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: ‘Glee’ Goes Glam: Adam Lambert Joins the Cast
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 03:42:23 pm »
No wonder that other actor killed himself. If I had to be exposed to that utter annoyance of a show, then to make it more annoying, I would probably off myself too.

Never mind, probably too soon for that joke.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 03:46:22 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 03:46:39 pm »
. If I had to be exposed to that utter annoyance of a show
  .LOL!!! I have never watched the show. But your description for me is perfect!  I cannot stand most musicals   :patriot:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 03:57:53 pm »
  .LOL!!! I have never watched the show. But your description for me is perfect!  I cannot stand most musicals   :patriot:

My wife is a music teacher and says the show is one of the worst things that has happened to music teachers. Parents now expect spontaneous, perfect performances weekly. Kids think they can get all preachy and run the program, and teachers no longer have time to teach the fundamentals.

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 04:28:57 pm »
My wife is a music teacher and says the show is one of the worst things that has happened to music teachers. Parents now expect spontaneous, perfect performances weekly. Kids think they can get all preachy and run the program, and teachers no longer have time to teach the fundamentals.
Really?.....I never would have known this.   :patriot:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 07:45:04 pm »
I swear, it won't matter if Glee is still in 100th place in the Nielsens, Fox will still keep renewing it. It is an embarrassment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 07:47:55 pm »

Yeah....there's nothing more disconcerting that having two armed gangs face off against each other and suddenly break out in a song and dance routine.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 08:13:09 pm »

Yeah....there's nothing more disconcerting that having two armed gangs face off against each other and suddenly break out in a song and dance routine.

:laugh:
88finger point