Author Topic: Phil Mickelson wins Scottish Open  (Read 677 times)

Offline flowers

Phil Mickelson wins Scottish Open
« on: July 14, 2013, 07:51:40 pm »
http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/22758245/phil-mickelson-wins-scottish-open

Phil Mickelson won the Scottish Open on Sunday with a final-round 3-under-par 69 plus a playoff hole with South African Branden Grace. Mickelson held off Grace by one at Inverness, Scotland after he birdied the first playoff hole and Grace parred it.

Lefty made it more difficult than it needed to be, though. When needing a par on the 72nd hole, he did his best Phil Mickelson impression and three-putted from 20 feet for bogey to put himself into the playoff with Grace, who had already finished.

Mickelson then nearly holed out his third shot (a wedge) on the 607-yard, par-5 playoff hole. He tapped in for an easy birdie, and Grace missed his long birdie. Here's a look at the chip:

Good for Phil!!!  I am a Tiger and Phil fan.  Phil in just the last few years after finding out what a true genuine nice man he is. Tiger just love to watch him play golf. He is the main reason I even pay attention to golf.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Phil Mickelson wins Scottish Open
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:09:36 pm »
http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/22758245/phil-mickelson-wins-scottish-open

Good for Phil!!!  I am a Tiger and Phil fan.  Phil in just the last few years after finding out what a true genuine nice man he is. Tiger just love to watch him play golf. He is the main reason I even pay attention to golf.

I watched it this afternoon while working out at the gym.  Mickelson made a great pitch shot on the first playoff hole to close it out.  It was great seeing his whole family basking in the glory of the victory.  I remember when his daughter was born right after the 2001 US Open.  And his younger son looks like a very nice kid.  What memories they will have of their family golf excursions.  It must be nice to take the family to Scotland and live in a castle for a couple of weeks and watch dad play golf.

This should give Phil some much-needed momentum heading into the Open Championship next week.