Author Topic: Third time's the charm! Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez are 'officially husband and wife' ...as they tie the knot in France  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2362805/Third-times-charm-Halle-Berry-Olivier-Martinez-officially-husband-wife--tie-knot-France.html

Third time's the charm! Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez are 'officially husband and wife' ...as they tie the knot in France

By Daily Mail Reporter

PUBLISHED: 18:55 EST, 13 July 2013 | UPDATED: 23:54 EST, 13 July 2013

Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez have married in France, following the announcement of their engagement last April.

The pair tied the knot at the Chateau des Conde in Olivier's native France on Saturday, UsWeekly reports.

A source confirmed to the publication that the pair are now officially husband and wife.
Halle and Olivier

Legally wed: The pair reportedly tied the know at Chateau des Conde in Martinez's native France on Saturday

The blushing bride is reported to have arrived in a vintage car to the sprawling Chateau des Conde in Vallery, France, where white tents had been erected to ensure the couple's privacy.

Halle, who has been married twice before, reportedly wore a simple cream dress as she arrived in a white limousine.

A source said that a civic ceremony took place at 4.15 and then a religious one in a chapel in the grounds of the chateau at 5.30.

Ideal setting: The Chateau des Conde where Halle and Olivier are reported to have married

The couple boarded a flight for Paris on Tuesday with Halle's five-year-old daughter, Nahla, joining them.

Now it appears to be the case that the family were headed to the Renaissance chateau in the Burgundy countryside, around an hour's drive south of Paris.

Despite Halle previously telling InStyle magazine of her wedding, 'I do know it will be very small', it seems that may have been a white lie, judging by the fanfare surrounding the French estate where the wedding was held.
Halle and Olivier

Happy news: The couple officially announced their engagement in April 2012, although it was first reported back in January that year that they were planning to tie the know

People Magazine have reported that among the 60 guests - thought to be close friends - were the groom's mother Rosemarie and brother Vincent.

Dinner is said to have been served for the guests at an arbor and there was also a fireworks display.

This is the first marriage for 47-year-old French actor Olivier, who previously dated Kylie Minogue.

It seems to be a change of heart for 46-year-old Halle, who once declared six years ago: 'I will never, never get married again'.

However, the star laughed as her comments came back to haunt her just last week, when she was quizzed by impending nuptials, saying: 'I swore it off, right? Never say never, people!'

The pair began dating after meeting on the set of Dark Tides in August 2010, and they announced their engagement less than two years later - in March 2012.

Halle is, of course, pregnant with her first child with 47-year-old Olivier - a son who is due sometime around October.

The couple announced their happy news in April this year, before the proud dad-to-be accidentally let slip that they are having a son.

'My son will be an American, but I remain French,' he told People magazine on June 12.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Whooopiee!  I give it a year.  Sorry not a Halle Berry fan anymore, used to be.  :patriot:

Offline Rapunzel

Whooopiee!  I give it a year.  Sorry not a Halle Berry fan anymore, used to be.  :patriot:

Me, either.  I think she used the man who got her preggers with her daughter as a sperm donor and then objected when he actually wanted to BE a father to her.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Me, either.  I think she used the man who got her preggers with her daughter as a sperm donor and then objected when he actually wanted to BE a father to her.
Agreed.   You say you read Daily Mail? Did you notice for some time she was all over DM with photos of her and the girl? That used to bother me because she said she wanted to move out of country with the girl to get away from media.(Correct me if I am wrong please)  Yet she was out everywhere with the child.

Yes I know DM and other outlets take photos of stars constantly. But I would think with her net worth and if she was really worried about the media, no way she would be out in public all the time.   :patriot:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:49:33 pm by flowers »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That's okay, Halle.  Don't pay attention to Rapunzel.  I forgive you.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

Agreed.   You say you read Daily Mail? Did you notice for some time she was all over DM with photos of her and the girl? That used to bother me because she said she wanted to move out of country with the girl to get away from media.(Correct me if I am wrong please)  Yet she was out everywhere with the child.

Yes I know DM and other outlets take photos of stars constantly. But I would think with her net worth and if she was really worried about the media, no way she would be out in public all the time.   :patriot:

Yep.. I've noticed.  She has used that child from day one...

Offline Cincinnatus

The very best commentary on Halle Berry wasn't really about her but about the Liberal community that is Hollywood. When she won her Oscar for "Monster's Ball" a big todo was made about her being the first black female to win for leading role. Oh, racist America! Why did it take so long? Such a terrible place.

But as Rush pointed out, who votes for the Oscar awards? You? Me? Anyone you know? Nope, the Oscars are awarded by The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, an exclusively "Hollywood" group made up of the very people who preach endlessly in their films and public statements about how bad racism is in the USA and how they oppose it, yadda, yadda, yadda.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Hypocrites.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

The very best commentary on Halle Berry wasn't really about her but about the Liberal community that is Hollywood. When she won her Oscar for "Monster's Ball" a big todo was made about her being the first black female to win for leading role. Oh, racist America! Why did it take so long? Such a terrible place.

But as Rush pointed out, who votes for the Oscar awards? You? Me? Anyone you know? Nope, the Oscars are awarded by The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, an exclusively "Hollywood" group made up of the very people who preach endlessly in their films and public statements about how bad racism is in the USA and how they oppose it, yadda, yadda, yadda.

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Hypocrites.
I remember when she won that award. Her then boyfriend Shemar Moore stood up trying to get a standing O. That was the last year I really watched the Academy Awards.   :patriot: